Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is the consultant likely to recommend induction?

(3 Posts)
harrowgreen Wed 17-Dec-14 19:44:01

Am 37+2 and have an appt with a consultant tomorrow after being assessed twice for decreased movement (once at 31-ish and once at 36+6). Both times the monitor readings were fine. After the most recent episode I had a scan which showed correct fluid levels and (placental?) blood flow.

This is #3. #1 was born at 40+2 (was in labour from 40+0) and #2 at 39+3 (in labour from 39+1).

No other complications this pregnancy.

I hadn't even thought of induction until a number of people mentioned it to me today as a possibility.

Is it likely that it'll be recommended? Any experiences? Any words of wisdom? Are inductions more likely to work for subsequent babies?

FWIW I was induced for #1 after my waters broke but I didn't go into spontaneous contractions and it was horrendously painful (had a drug-free natural birth with #2 which was very painful but nothing like as bad). So I'd rather not go through that again, not least because I want to avoid an epidural and I'm not sure I could with an induction. But obviously I'd rather go through that than risk the baby.

KittyandTeal Wed 17-Dec-14 19:56:15

I doubt it tbh. I went in for a few episodes of reduced movement plus bleeding (they had no idea what was causing it). I also had totally fine readings for movement and a scan showed placenta was working fine so they left me to go as long as it took (they weren't going to let me go +10, as it was I got to 40+4 and went into labour)

Dd was perfectly healthy with no worries. I imagine they'll ask you to be extra vigilant re movement and come in if you're worried.

harrowgreen Wed 17-Dec-14 20:34:11

Ok that's good. I'm really hoping for another nice(!) natural birth and, since I don't think I'm anywhere near labour starting naturally (both because of when I went into labour with my others, plus the total lack of any 'signs'), I think getting an induction to work would be really hard and likely involve lots of intervention/a section.

Glad it all was ok for you and you didn't go too far over!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now