Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm still waiting

(14 Posts)
pinkie1982 Wed 17-Dec-14 16:34:24

For someone to actually tell me that I am pregnant!
I had two positive texts. Now 9+4.
I expected the GP to do a test at first appt but they didn't.
Then I thought the bloods and sample at midwife appt would actually test for pregnancy but they didn't. HCG wasn't done on bloods.
I'm panicky that I will go to dating scan and there be nothing there, I keep reading about chemical pregnancies. I really want to buy another test to check again.

mrshjb Wed 17-Dec-14 16:40:37

That's very normal, despite 3 positive tests, no period and feeling like absolute crap I still didn't believe that I was pregnant and there could really be a baby in there. I really stressed myself out about it and was a wreck before my scan. My best advice is you've done a test so you're pregnant, try and stay off google and get excited for your scan smile

Number3cometome Wed 17-Dec-14 16:40:42

Testing all the time drives you mad!

Do you have any symptoms?

Guess what? You're pregnant.

Now breathe smile

MrsLovell Wed 17-Dec-14 16:52:02

I felt exactly the same as you. I was shocked when I called the doctors surgery to get an appointment after my positive home test, as I thought the doctor would do a test to confirm, only to be told they don't do that any more and come back in 6 weeks for a midwife appointment! Even then she didn't do any testing.
You only have a couple more weeks until your scan, try to relax. DO NOT pee on any more sticks, it will drive you mad. YOU ARE PREGNANT! Enjoy it before the sickness kicks in grin

GotToBeInItToWinIt Wed 17-Dec-14 17:02:05

The test the dr would use is exactly the same as the tests you buy to use at home so there would be absolutely no point them doing one smile. I know what you mean though, it is a strange feeling. A chemical pregnancy occurs within a few days of the date when your period would be due, basically it is when you get a positive pregnancy test and then start bleeding a couple of days later so you're safe from that now. No bleeding is a very positive sign smile. I think it's very normal to feel like you're not actually pregnant until you have your first scan. I hope everything progresses well for you.

Chickenfillets Wed 17-Dec-14 17:26:25

I did three home tests and were all faint but positive. My friend tried to convince me I WAS PREGNANT but I just didn't believe it. I booked in with the doctor the next day to confirm and he refused to do one as the tests they do are the same as what I did. I was panicking until I had my scan to confirm as I had no symptoms at all. I had bloods taken at 6 week but still nobody had actually told me I was definitely pregnant. You are pregnant smile

SilverStars Wed 17-Dec-14 17:27:51

No NHS person tests, they accept home tests and the patient. First confirmation of it is usually at NHS scan.

JennyBlueWren Wed 17-Dec-14 17:38:35

I didn't believe it until I had my scan. I must have looked relieved as the sonographer said "Yes that really is a baby, you really are pregnant"!

Didn't help that when I'd told my dad he asked if a doctor had checked and sounded as though he didn't believe it until then.

Mulderandskully Wed 17-Dec-14 17:41:35

As the others have said, no one in the medical system tests you, your home pregnancy test tells you you're pregnant . Congrats!

I figured as long as my period stayed away that was a good sign. I think most women worry about getting to the 12 week scan and finding an empty uterus though x

coastergirl Wed 17-Dec-14 17:50:43

I didn't really believe it until I saw the scan either, especially as I had no symptoms really. I didn't have to wait till too long though as I was scanned at 5 and 8 weeks due to bleeding. Nobody did a test though.

blackwidow74 Wed 17-Dec-14 20:22:35

If you really need the reassurance of a 3rd party to tell you/test for you, most pharmacies offer a testing service smile

Swanny84 Wed 17-Dec-14 20:47:36

I done 3 tests at home, got positive in a&e, (suspected ectopic), and still felt the need to do another home test 2 weeks later.....think we need to see it on screen to know its ok before we calm, xx

Redling Wed 17-Dec-14 21:06:28

My DM was astounded the doctor didn't test me, I'm sure she didn't really believe me until she got a scan picture! I did have a brief fear that I'd go for the scan and find nothing, but the weeks of severe vomiting and utter exhaustion had convinced me! I felt so different that I knew I was pregnant.

pinkie1982 Thu 18-Dec-14 09:52:57

Overtired and feel full but not being sick.
Maybe it's because my DM was tested at the doctors as she was also shocked they didn't do it.
Just have to wait then! Come on Postman!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now