Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Showing at 8.5 weeks really???? x

(13 Posts)
Cymrublonde1 Wed 17-Dec-14 14:11:20

Hi girls,

Hope you are all well.
I am sure this post has been done loads, but would be grateful to hear others experiences….

I am 8.5 weeks pregnant on my second child. I wore my pencil skirt to work last week, couldn’t wait to get it off when I got home as felt really snug!! This week, I wore a comfy jersey material one, but I could see how I looked slightly pregnant and so much so that I can see the same in a loose dress that I am wearing today!!

My ma said to me at weekend when we were shopping that she thinks my body has changed already, it just seems so soon and so much sooner than first time around (although I know this is common).

xxxx

bonzo77 Wed 17-Dec-14 14:14:51

Might just be bloat.

Number3cometome Wed 17-Dec-14 14:56:08

Perfectly normal! I am pregnant with DC3, am 8+4 and already showing.

I don't think it is bloating as I can feel my lower part is tender and growing.

I think the more you have, the quicker you show!

eastcoastmum2014 Wed 17-Dec-14 14:59:54

Hey, I'm currently pregnant with my first baby but I found in early pregnancy that if I ate something it would make me look about 8 months gone lol!! Probably bloating as I think bub is about the size of a raspberry at 8 weeks smile Congrats on your little bean!!

GotToBeInItToWinIt Wed 17-Dec-14 15:06:07

I am 11 weeks with DC2 and feel like I've been showing for a few weeks. I definitely have a rounded tummy and it's hard rather than squishy! I think it's a combination of bloating and the fact that my muscles etc hadn't gone back to normal from last time, as DD is only 13 months old.

Cymrublonde1 Wed 17-Dec-14 15:15:02

Thank you for all your responses.

Congratulations to you all!! 

I thought it maybe bloat, even though this doesn’t happen on my daughter, but as Number3cometome says, it feels hard as it did when I was a few months gone last time.

Our bodies have been through it once and so I suppose our muscles are already stretched so come out easier and so makes sense.
Just as well it is Christmas and people will be off work so I can hopefully hide it until after the 12 week scan and hopefully everything will be ok so we can tell people.

xxx

Rootvegetables Wed 17-Dec-14 15:23:39

I was like this last Christmas, treated myself to maternity jeans at 9 weeks, I'm now the proud owner of twins!

Cymrublonde1 Wed 17-Dec-14 15:35:50

Root vegetables, don't scare me like this!!! wink

Would actually love twins as always thought we'd have 3 babies xx
Had a scan at about 7 weeks due to bleeding though and they didn't say or show more than 1.

Congratulations!! smileXxx

FluffyJawsOfDoom Wed 17-Dec-14 15:51:17

I've been in maternity jeans since 10w, no twins hmm

nojaffacakes Wed 17-Dec-14 16:21:24

I am pregnant with dc3 and have been showing since about 7 weeks. When i've had a big meal i look about 6 months pregnant. i can't fit into any of my pre-pregnancy trousers and even when I wear a billowy dress, you could tell i'm pregnant. Also my bump seems to grow during the day - I'm not so big in the morning, but enormous before i go to bed! Gravity maybe?

radiobedhead Wed 17-Dec-14 16:36:24

No, it's still behind your pubic bone.

Did find I got fatter early on though, what with stuffing my face!

Boonies Wed 17-Dec-14 16:41:52

It is hormones and bloating. I look this way sometimes and I am not even pregnant. It gets worse the more pregnancies you have and also the older you get. I didn't look like that when pregnant at 27, but I did when pregnant at 34!

hopefull2424 Sun 21-Dec-14 08:10:14

I'm exactly the samr and this is dc3. I start the day normal sized and expand all day until I look huge at bed time! I didn't show at all with my others until 20 weeks. I think it's bloat abd baby hoping it will settle in the next few weeks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now