Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tips for morning sickness please

(12 Posts)
hagred Tue 16-Dec-14 23:06:09

8 weeks.
Although I'm only actually sick first thing in the morning, I feel nauseous and uncomfortable all day and have next to no appetite.

I realise this is nothing compared to some peoples pregnancy terrors, but any tips are welcome.

htf2 Wed 17-Dec-14 16:42:43

Tips on eating from me- the only thing I could manage were lots of little pieces of food that don't really feel like food - for me I didn't eat anything hot for weeks - too food like. Crackers, grapes, fruit jube lollies, chopped up tinned peaches, lemon sorbet, potato crisps. All items where a nibble can go down and at least it's something, and you don't mentally have to contemplate a meal or a plateful of anything. If you're working having a bag of them at work means in the good moments you get something, plus no unnecesary movement to go the cafes and hunt something you might eat. Otherwise you just starve all day at work because a lunch hour doesn't quite fit the bill :S Ditto having the bag ready to go at home means it's there rather than having to think about food.

Bustherb Wed 17-Dec-14 19:10:18

I'm going into my 5th week of sickness, throwing up all day sometimes. The only thing I can advise is to eat/drink things you know aren't going to hurt your throat. So lots of water to dilute anything that comes up. Also I find if I try and burp it helps with being sick or not. Try and avoid acidic things like oranges, they are terrible things to bring up. Xx hope that helps and that you feel better soon xxx

hagred Wed 17-Dec-14 21:23:48

Thanks guys.
Little and often I guess.
A week before the biggest gorge-fest of the year!
Hope your sickness ends soon bustherb.

Bustherb Wed 17-Dec-14 21:31:19

I know terrible timing hagred lol!! Thank you xx

Pipbin Wed 17-Dec-14 21:36:55

I will confess that mine has been very mild but I find it lessens on the days when I go for a morning walk.
I used to go for a run but since being pregnant the doctor has advised against it.

I get up at six, wee, dressed, big glass of water and out of the door. Walk for half an hour or so. Back for a shower and breakfast.

Annbag Wed 17-Dec-14 22:03:55

I used to make a ginger and lemon drink at work. Get a real piece of ginger and chop it up, pour on boiling water. I'd mainly smell it rather than drink it!

Genevieve1976 Wed 17-Dec-14 22:42:33

I'm 37 wks tomorrow and my sickness seems a distant memory!!! I found I was waking up at 4am and if I had a piece of toast that helped. Glass of milk too. Then used to keep a banana or breakfast cracker by the bed to have as you wake up. I found eating little and often worked (angel cake a favourite at work!). Sandwiches, really didn't feel the love for a full cooked meal. Mine was worse after lunch. Peppermint tea, ginger tea (anything with ginger in!). Lots of rest in evenings.

Good luck with it all!

Xxxx

TailFeathers Thu 18-Dec-14 15:57:39

For me it's ginger biscuits, small slices of green apples, or dry crumpets with nothing on (takes about half an hour to eat!)

My appetite's all over the place. Only thing I'm interested in eating in the evening is the inside of a loaf of garlic bread. no crusts, just the crumb. Weird but true.

Hope you feel better. It's vile, isn't it?! Good luck xxxxx

IssMc Thu 18-Dec-14 18:47:29

Holland and Barret sell packets of ginger boiled sweets that really helped me when I was out and about. I also found myself getting up in the early hours of the morning to find some toast or something. I just needed to keep eating - I was SO hungry and felt so sick simultaneously. Crisps helped. And I kept something to nibble on by the bed for first thing in the morning - ginger biscuits were good but plain ones better... or crisps, really salty savoury ones.

Brummiegirl15 Thu 18-Dec-14 20:27:40

I'm currently 7 weeks and my nausea is dreadful although no sickness -yet-

I drink icy cold sparkling water and find it helps. Plus salty food such as salted popcorn really helps

hagred Thu 18-Dec-14 20:49:40

Mini chedders seem to be working out for me or failing that any dry savoury snacks.
Not exactly nutritious but it stays down and I can function.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now