Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scalp bleach in pregnancy

(8 Posts)
Bustherb Tue 16-Dec-14 20:06:51

Hi everyone,

I have a scalp bleach and wondered people's thoughts on this? Ive got my 12 week scan on Thursday and due to get my hair done Thursday afternoon. My mw an hairdressers said its not harmful but I'm still worrying about it, any thoughts? Xx

Rebecca1608 Tue 16-Dec-14 20:15:21

I think everyone's different I got my hair bleached last Wednesday and have been bleaching for about 12 years. Hadn't had my hair done for around 2 months due to feeling under the weather during pregnancy. Used to the itchy feeling with bleach but I found as it was lifting it did sting a little and was left with a light red scalp for a day or so it's died down now. Completely fine I just think I've gone sensitive?

Bustherb Tue 16-Dec-14 20:22:09

Yeah I know what you mean by itchy , they have allowed more time in case I need it off. It takes 2 hours to put foils in my hair which is why I opt for scalp bleach. Did you have any other reaction?xx

Rebecca1608 Tue 16-Dec-14 20:32:08

That's what my hairdresser told me to tell her if it gets too much. I didn't have any other reaction but it definitely wasn't itchy it was a little sore and my head felt hot. My scalp is perfectly fine now but I definitely put it down to being pregnant as I've always been fine every other time. You May be absolutely fine though x

Bustherb Tue 16-Dec-14 20:37:54

Thanks for the reply. I'm just going to c how it goes and get them to take it off if it's too much xxx

TheScenicRoute Tue 16-Dec-14 20:38:34

I had a nasty reaction to hair dye at the hairdressers in my first trimester. I thought they were being complete jobsworths insisting that I had a skin patch test, but low and behold my skin peeled and weeped for a week! I'm so glad that didn't happen to my entire scalp and I've used that dye without problems before. I would definately recommend a patch test before you go ahead with it.

Bustherb Tue 16-Dec-14 20:52:40

Thanks the scenic route, did you have a dye or bleach?xx

TheScenicRoute Wed 17-Dec-14 21:15:17

It was dye. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now