Talk

Advanced search

Bump dropped

(8 Posts)
MrsCK Tue 16-Dec-14 17:46:46

Feeling very anxious! Bump noticeably dropped last night with lots of people commenting at work today. I've been having BH on and off...

I'm only 33+4. does it mean he'll be early?

Rockchick1984 Tue 16-Dec-14 17:53:34

Bump dropping just means baby is engaging, generally any time from 30 weeks so no, doesn't mean he's coming early smile

KittyandTeal Tue 16-Dec-14 18:02:28

I was chatting to a friend about this yesterday. I felt my bump drop over a few days and everyone commented about if I should be at work etc.

That was around 34 weeks. Dd was born 40+4 so I wouldn't worry. I also had a massive and grim show at 37 weeks!

MrsCK Tue 16-Dec-14 18:53:43

Thanks for the reassurance!

GingerbreadPudding Tue 16-Dec-14 19:18:18

You lucky thing! I'm 33 weeks and desperate for bump to drop to ease my rib pain. Can I ask a dumb question? How do you know it's dropped?

Showy Tue 16-Dec-14 19:20:38

My bump didn't "drop" but dd was fully engaged and fixed at 31 weeks. She was born at full term and stayed fully engaged for the last 8 weeks.

It has no bearing on labour I'm afraid. With a first baby in particular, they tend to engage early.

Chottie Tue 16-Dec-14 19:21:36

DDs bump dropped about a week ago. She noticed more activity than usual from the baby during the night and when she got up in the morning, the bump had definitely shifted downwards. It was less of a 'shelf' shape and lower down.

MrsCK Tue 16-Dec-14 19:30:36

I had loads of movement last night and then comments from colleagues! All saying how low the bump is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now