Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Very light period. Pregnancy? Or something else?

(1 Post)
vomistheworst Tue 16-Dec-14 17:28:39

Hi all. My period started last night, but it was noticeably different to usual even then - like the tiniest bit of spotting. It had appeared a bit more this morning, but I've only had a small amount of 'old' blood (dark brown) all day. My usual pattern is that my period starts suddenly and I'm in agony and it's really heavy within a few hours. There's no pain with this one and the very light flow is something I've never experienced before.

We haven't been trying for a baby, but DH and I are sexually active. We use the withdrawal method (yes, I know, I know). I'm wondering if the light period is a symptom of pregnancy as around ovulation I had some extremely light spotting and idly thought to myself "oh, the last time I had that it was implantation bleeding with my son..." That said, I have no other early pregnancy symptoms whatsoever - so sore boobs, no nausea, no exhaustion. I'm a bit off my food, but only because I'm quite anxious at the moment (which I doubt would affect my periods as I suffer from anxiety and it flares up every few months and has never caused a problem before). My cycle has been 36 days long this time, but that's no indication of anything as my periods can be anything from 28-60 days apart.

Will attempt to get into town tomorrow to buy a test, but meanwhile, has anyone had this symptom at the start of pregnancy? Or does it potentially indicate a condition that I ought to get checked out by my GP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now