Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The best non alcoholic mulled wine?

(21 Posts)
weeblueberry Tue 16-Dec-14 15:31:34

So far the best (closest) one I've found is what they stock in Ikea but I'm having such a craving that I'd consider going further afield to find one.

Suggestions?

juneavrile Tue 16-Dec-14 17:00:05

Try mulling apple juice - it's really nice. Simmer with cinnamon, cloves, halved oranges and some nutmeg. Sugar to taste - brown if you have it.

MGFM Tue 16-Dec-14 18:12:51

Waitrose have a fantastic blood orange xmas drink which you heat up. Really tasty. They had sold out completely at my local store. V Disappointed!

TooSpotty Tue 16-Dec-14 18:21:36

The Bottlegreen Spiced Berry cordial, served warm, tastes very similar to mulled wine. You can get it in a lot of supermarkets.

FluffyJawsOfDoom Tue 16-Dec-14 19:19:28

Ikea all the way!

InfantHercules Tue 16-Dec-14 19:28:11

Tried Belvoir mulled winter punch today and don't recommend it. It's very sweet. But I have had two different lots of mulled apple juice recently and it was delicious!! Keeping an eye on this thread!

InfantHercules Tue 16-Dec-14 19:29:16

On a separate note I have discovered Maisel's Weisse non alcoholic wheat beer and absolutely love it. Don't usually drink wheat beer, but do like ale. Haven't fancied beer much while pregnant anyway, but have really enjoyed Maisel's.

cecinestpasunepipe Tue 16-Dec-14 19:35:24

Yes to Bottle Green Spiced Berry. Tastes just like mulled wine. Lovely when nursing a cold or sore throat.

LoveVintage Tue 16-Dec-14 19:47:41

I've had nice alcohol free gluevine - how on earth do you spell it? - from Dobies before. I bought some mulled punch from M & S yesterday, not tried it yet though.

weeblueberry Tue 16-Dec-14 20:00:10

You're all fab-I'm taking notes wink

FruitBadger Tue 16-Dec-14 20:10:27

Third vote for the Bottle Green Spiced Berry cordial grin

CatFaceCrayola Wed 17-Dec-14 00:58:20

Ikea

SweetsForMySweet Wed 17-Dec-14 01:23:18

Marks have a lovely fruit punch, add a few slices of lemon or orange when heating and it's lovely smile

Skeppers Wed 17-Dec-14 08:22:45

Another vote for the M&S mulled fruit punch here...it's glorious. They often have it on offer too. Will be supping it throughout the Xmas period to disguise the fact that I'm upduffed! That is, if I can find any...it's been difficult to come by this year...fhmm

Miffy79 Wed 17-Dec-14 12:46:47

I've not tried the Ikea one, but I really like the M&S Mulled Punch, its very tasty, and only �2 a bottle smile I add a slice of orange with a few cloves in too..

Discopanda Thu 18-Dec-14 00:11:38

Ooooo might be nicking some of these suggestions! I'm making mulled apple juice on Saturday for a couple of girlfriends, I'm pregnant, one is breastfeeding and the other one is driving!

supersupersupershock Thu 18-Dec-14 09:25:48

Just found this

drytimes.org/xmas-new-year/taste-test-non-alcoholic-mulled-wines/

SmileItsSunny Thu 18-Dec-14 18:19:21

Watching with interest. Enjoyed the bottle green stuff previously, but having trouble finding it atm.

Kajlinko Thu 18-Dec-14 21:08:42

Hi Mums!

I have recently tried to make my own non-alcoholic mulled wine, with wine! It took me a couple of goes to get it just right, but I think we're about there.

Here's how it is made:

First make Jamie Oliver's mulled wine, but don't worry about making a syrup and heating it slowly. If you also only use one bottle of wine it's cheaper and quicker, with no detriment to taste! If you like your mulled wine a little less sweet, half the sugar, too!

Now, boil the wine down until it's around 200-300ml, this takes around 20mins. This is plenty sufficient time to boil all the alcohol off, as alcohol boils at a much lower temperature than water and 2/3 of the water is gone!

Next add two litres of good apple juice and reheat the mix, you'll still have that convincing wine colour from your syrup and the delicious flavour of the spices will infuse with the apple juice as you heat it up.

When it's warm, you can serve. You can even let the kids feel all grown up when you share with them too!

Anyway, enjoy. Let me know what you think. My OH loved it! She said it is surprising how much it tastes line wine, rather than apple juice.

Merry Christmas.

K wine

Willow33 Thu 18-Dec-14 22:20:45

Rochester organic mulled berry punch is lovely warmed up. Holland and Barrett sell it.

MamaMary Thu 18-Dec-14 22:26:52

OP, just get the Mulled Punch from Lidl. Heat it up in a saucepan. It's lovely. It really soothed me last week when I had a cold.

wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now