Talk

Advanced search

Been told I have suggested pcos but blood results are all normal I'm confused

(41 Posts)
Vickyjake14 Tue 16-Dec-14 10:53:55

As I'm not over weight I'm under I'm 29 and weigh 7st9 I don't need sugar intake this is so confusing coz all the doc told me from my ultrasound result says suggested pollysystic ovirys but blood results was all normal me and my partner have been trying for a baby for nearly 5 months now and nothing it's getting to us both and me being confused as to what's going on in my body is getting me very down and emotional I can't even understand my doctore as he cant speak good English can anyone please help I don't no what to do me and my partner are at it every night so there is never a chance of sperm being in there so why is it not happening please help if u can
I also did this test and I'm sure it's a posative but went docs yesterday and it was negative it's really getting me down.

Vickyjake14 Tue 16-Dec-14 10:56:34

Sorry ment never a chance of sperm not being in there so every night I'm filled with sperm but nothing why why why??????????????????????????

naty1 Tue 16-Dec-14 11:14:34

Vicky its a bit of a strange post.
5months trying is virtually nothing (to drs anyway especially at 29). Im surprised they would discuss anything.
And having a scan and bloods is impressive this early (if in the uk)
20% chance per month.
You can be thin with pcos (and it still can be insulin resistance).
If you are too thin that can cause problems too.
In fact i suspect missing meals especially breakfast can worsen pcos.
The tests are only as good as the drs doing them , if they are done on the wrong cycle day or too close to period they dont mean much.
Was testosterone elevated.
See if you have any hypothyroid or hyperthyroid symtoms (and maybe a thyroid blood test).
Did your progesterone (day 21 approx test) show you are ovulating?

Sperm tests?

I take it you have irregular cycles?

You possibly want to post in infertility.

boatrace30 Tue 16-Dec-14 11:29:02

I have PCOS, it was diagnosed at a scan when I was 17 after suffering irregular periods. I am not overweight, but do suffer with excess hair growth - do you?

I am currently 15weeks pregnant after 6months of trying. To be honest I felt very luck to get pregnant so quickly.

Do you have irregular periods? Ultimately, there is every chance of conceiving, but as previous poster said, it is 20% each month, and if you don't ovulate obviously it will take a bit longer. You should ask for progesterone test to see if you are ovulating, but they need to be done on day 21 of your cycle, so can be hard to pinpoint if your cycle is irregular.

Vickyjake14 Tue 16-Dec-14 11:59:53

Thank u for u comments no male hormone was detetected in my blood test and no I don't have excessive hair growth the reson I had a scan is coz I have had pains in my lower belly since I had my last child 3 years ago which was emergency c section so doc sent for ultrasound to see what's going on and it came back suggestive pcos I have 5 children already I don't understand why now all of a sudden (I have pcos) I hace been refeard to a giynacolagist I'm so scared as not being able to have kids again would destroy me how can doctors have the right to leave a patient in limbo not knowing really what's going on coz that's how I feel

Vickyjake14 Tue 16-Dec-14 12:02:05

My sycle is normally about 36 to 39 days it was all over the place but now I'm starting to come on about the same time now for the last 2 months

naty1 Tue 16-Dec-14 12:23:36

I think with that many kids you probably need to chill a little. Youre obviously very fertile. Yes there can be secondary infertility but you are still young and have plenty of time if necessary to sort anything out.
Its normal to have some testosterone so i assume you mean it wasnt high.
Your cycle is quite long. But sounds very regular. You would need to do the progesterone test later than day 21 with such a long cycle.

I understand CS can cause issues later so its good you are checking it out.

Did you say if this is UK?

Vickyjake14 Tue 16-Dec-14 12:33:58

Yes I'm uk

eastcoastmum2014 Tue 16-Dec-14 15:13:51

Hey, just a thought, when we were ttc we spent a month having sex every day, which frankly was hard work, took all the fun out and we had no luck at all! Then we had a month off as I was away and then the next month we had sex whenever we felt like it which was roughly every other day but we put no pressure on it- either we would be lucky or not- that was the month I got pregnant- I'm 34 weeks now smile I think there is something to be said for taking the heat off and just enjoying that phase (easier said than done I know). xx

Number3cometome Tue 16-Dec-14 15:27:24

If you have PCOS I would be very suprised if you had managed to conceive 5 children by age 29.

I have PCOS, it took me 18 months at age 19 to get pregnant with DC1 (had him at 21) and 4 years with DC2.

This time around I did more exercise, ate healthier and I conceived within 3 months despite blood tests showing no ovulation during two of those months.
Infact what had happened, was that I had ovulated later than day 21 (more like day 28) so the test said progesterone levels were 10.

I had a scan before I had DC2 which showed my left ovary was completely cystic, nothing was working there.

When I had my pregnancy scan last week, the sonographer said that the left ovary was completely clear and that there was only one cyst on the right ovary.

Sometimes chilling out and eating healthy and getting excercise really does work.

I am in the UK and had my bloods done so soon because I was already diagnosed with PCOS.

Vickyjake14 Tue 16-Dec-14 15:30:55

We don't have sex every night to just try for a baby we both have a high sex drive so is what ur saying is that if we don't have sex every night we will have more chance of conseaving????????? The other night we didn't have sex then did the next night would that of Marie helped???????

Vickyjake14 Tue 16-Dec-14 15:38:01

See all the doctor said to me was it says suggestive pcos that's it and my blood tests came back normal for everything as he did a compleat blood test for everything and from that I don't believe I do have pcos but my doctor is the only one at our doctors and he is from Pakistan and his English and understand of it seems poor and now I'm left wondering what is wrong with me what's going on inside my body can I still have kids can't I and to be frank it's getting me really stressed anctus and sad I don't like being in limbo not knowing that's why I have come on here to see if anyone can help me to try and understand what's going on

naty1 Tue 16-Dec-14 15:46:41

Is it the same father? Not being rude but would affect testing him.
Sperm last up to 5 days.
What is your bmi- has it dropped since last child - they reckon say 20-25 ideal too low and you stop ovulating. And unless you are very short 7st is light.
Pcos is more what you eat than how much ie lots of high sugar foods, which you could have even if you are thin or living off white carbs, no protein.
I agree with pp pcos is usually from when periods start and 5 kids and concerned with not conceiving within 5 mths doesnt fit.
Thyroid issue - which can start after pregnancy is possible, can cause cysts on ovaries and hyperthyroidism could make you jittery, anxious and thin.
Which does seem to fit your Op as you sound too abxious for the situation.
Fertility will naturally drop with age so if it was first try with the others it could be months a few yrs later.

Sometimes they recommend every other day. But if no sperm issue it shouldnt matter.

Wilf83 Tue 16-Dec-14 15:55:01

My blood results were normal but scan showed cysts on ovaries so I have PCOS. I was about to start fertility treatment when I got pregnant naturally.

Vickyjake14 Tue 16-Dec-14 21:32:31

No it's not same father but he has a child with an ex so he can have kids it's weird the whole situation

Vickyjake14 Tue 16-Dec-14 21:37:29

What does ttc and all them other shot words mean please

AfroPuffs Tue 16-Dec-14 22:08:23

You are probably spending too much time worrying. You have 5 kids, relax, eat well, get plenty of rest, exercise and stop putting so much pressure on yourself. I have PCOS and to conceive I did all the above and got pregnant in about 8mths.

naty1 Tue 16-Dec-14 22:25:21

Cant remember if you already said he had a sperm test or not?
But it is certainly worth getting it done. Certainly if the child is quite old, or your partner has been ill since, mumps, glandular fever.

I have seen situations where couples have easily had 1 then struggled with a second and the mans sperm is found to have decreased in count or quality.
Ttc is trying to conceive.

It may be either of you or neither, you may just be slightly less fertile together than previously.

Vickyjake14 Wed 17-Dec-14 08:37:16

Thank u but he is still only young he is 20 so his sperm is great and his daughter is only 2 and half I got a weird feeling that I could be pregnant but not going to test as too soo as my last period lasted 10 days on and off and was like pink one time then browny then pink and that was for ten days on and off never had a perioud that long ever I don't no what it means

Number3cometome Wed 17-Dec-14 08:40:32

So between you, you have 6 children?

I assume that at 20 he is able to cope and has a good job with the ability to pay for more children?

Being practical not judgemental.

Vickyjake14 Wed 17-Dec-14 09:12:46

Yes but my other children live with there dad who I split up with 8 years ago only my daughter from my recent ex lives with me so only one child in household and my other kids wanted to live with there dad but I have them weekends so please no one be judgmentle me and my new partner want a child together as its a special bond that we have and wanna have kids together

Vickyjake14 Wed 17-Dec-14 09:16:07

And also I'm 5"5 and weigh 7st9 but me and my brother both have a high metabolism my normal weight is about 8st5 and pluss I eat so I have been 7St9 for about a year and a half now

Vickyjake14 Wed 17-Dec-14 09:17:07

And yes he has a good job he is a builder

Number3cometome Wed 17-Dec-14 09:17:29

I do understand as I have two children with my ex, and am currently pregnant with a child from my new partner (who I live with).

My children live with me and don't really see their Dad.

I get that you want to have a bond together, that's only natural.

You are very young still, there really is no rush and I don't think you have anything to worry about smile

Vickyjake14 Wed 17-Dec-14 09:52:03

Thank u but just with not knowing what's going on is stressing me coz when I had the scan I saw the systs so I'm really scared

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now