Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

When is my due date??

(8 Posts)
Kir01535 Tue 16-Dec-14 00:02:17

Hi all, I cannot for the life of me work out my due date. The reason being is that I missed a period in November completely, I was taking tests after the missed period and got negatives for days weeks after. I still kept trying to conceive between then and now, I took a test about a week ago and was still negative. I took two tests today and they both came up as positive but faint lines. Helllp!!

tiggy2610 Tue 16-Dec-14 07:18:36

Without an ultrasound machine or a few more dates and details I don't think anyone would be able to tell you what your due date is.

Have you made an appointment go see a midwife yet? They may send you for an early scan if you're not sure of dates.

Kir01535 Tue 16-Dec-14 10:21:03

No, I only found out yesterday. I'm freezing out because the pregnancy test this morning is still faint, and one came up negative!!! Booking into the doctors today I think, will they do a blood test? Or a wee sample?

Swanny84 Tue 16-Dec-14 11:35:15

Mine was really faint, then I done clear blue and said 1-2 weeks which was accurate for me. Congratulations �� I recommend you try a clear blue digital xx

LovelyWeatherForDucks Tue 16-Dec-14 11:38:08

Drs don't generally confirm pregnancies as tests are so accurate now. You may be better calling your GPs and seeing if you can speak to the midwife. You'd usually have a booking in appointment around 8 weeks.

ARandomFridayIn2012 Tue 16-Dec-14 11:43:06

Try a clear blue digi. Was accurate with both my dc. Esp as with DC2 I had no periods as was still expressing for DC1

AnythingNotEverything Tue 16-Dec-14 11:43:34

As a general rule, you get a positive test two weeks after ovulation and therefore 4 weeks after LMP. I know you didn't have a period, but the online calculators work from LMP, so if you count back 4 weeks, use this date on the online calculators, this will give you a rough date.

You'd get a more accurate date at your dating scan.

Test again tomorrow with FMU to be sure.

Kir01535 Tue 16-Dec-14 13:23:50

Thanks guys, it's becoming abit of an obsession now. I've just looked at both tests now and obviously they have dried and both have a second line now, I know you can get evaporation lines, but last week when I were getting bfn's I checked and checked and checked and there were no lines, even hours later, so not sure about this whole evaporation thing. Gonna get a frer and a cb tomorrow. I'm going to just estimate 4 weeks in that case :D feeling happy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: