Talk

Advanced search

When is my due date??

(8 Posts)
Kir01535 Tue 16-Dec-14 00:02:17

Hi all, I cannot for the life of me work out my due date. The reason being is that I missed a period in November completely, I was taking tests after the missed period and got negatives for days weeks after. I still kept trying to conceive between then and now, I took a test about a week ago and was still negative. I took two tests today and they both came up as positive but faint lines. Helllp!!

tiggy2610 Tue 16-Dec-14 07:18:36

Without an ultrasound machine or a few more dates and details I don't think anyone would be able to tell you what your due date is.

Have you made an appointment go see a midwife yet? They may send you for an early scan if you're not sure of dates.

Kir01535 Tue 16-Dec-14 10:21:03

No, I only found out yesterday. I'm freezing out because the pregnancy test this morning is still faint, and one came up negative!!! Booking into the doctors today I think, will they do a blood test? Or a wee sample?

Swanny84 Tue 16-Dec-14 11:35:15

Mine was really faint, then I done clear blue and said 1-2 weeks which was accurate for me. Congratulations �� I recommend you try a clear blue digital xx

LovelyWeatherForDucks Tue 16-Dec-14 11:38:08

Drs don't generally confirm pregnancies as tests are so accurate now. You may be better calling your GPs and seeing if you can speak to the midwife. You'd usually have a booking in appointment around 8 weeks.

ARandomFridayIn2012 Tue 16-Dec-14 11:43:06

Try a clear blue digi. Was accurate with both my dc. Esp as with DC2 I had no periods as was still expressing for DC1

AnythingNotEverything Tue 16-Dec-14 11:43:34

As a general rule, you get a positive test two weeks after ovulation and therefore 4 weeks after LMP. I know you didn't have a period, but the online calculators work from LMP, so if you count back 4 weeks, use this date on the online calculators, this will give you a rough date.

You'd get a more accurate date at your dating scan.

Test again tomorrow with FMU to be sure.

Kir01535 Tue 16-Dec-14 13:23:50

Thanks guys, it's becoming abit of an obsession now. I've just looked at both tests now and obviously they have dried and both have a second line now, I know you can get evaporation lines, but last week when I were getting bfn's I checked and checked and checked and there were no lines, even hours later, so not sure about this whole evaporation thing. Gonna get a frer and a cb tomorrow. I'm going to just estimate 4 weeks in that case :D feeling happy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now