Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Which pregnancy book do you like and why?

(7 Posts)
thomasstockmann Mon 15-Dec-14 21:20:04

I bought a few pregancy/childbirth books and wasn't overtly happy with them (won't name them as don't want to give any publicity - good or bad - to these books). I suppose my angle is "preparing for birth".
Which ones do you like and why?

applecore0317 Mon 15-Dec-14 23:04:44

Love this one, its to the point. It makes it clear that every pregnancy is different, and the woman also writes a weekly honest blog in it which has really made me laugh. On top of that it has the measurement week by week drawn like a tape measure, so you can see rough size, rather than being told your baby is the size of an avocado and then wondering what size avocado you would compare it to :D
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1848365594/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1418684654&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40

callamia Mon 15-Dec-14 23:11:27

Precisely the same as Applecore.
It's friendly and informative, and doesn't patronise like so many.

thomasstockmann Tue 16-Dec-14 08:54:34

Thanks girls! Will check both book and blog fsmile

Librarina Tue 16-Dec-14 09:54:28

I also really liked the Rough Guide, but my new very favourite is written by Kate Evans who wrote 'The Food of Love' which was my absolute go-to breastfeeding book with my first baby, she has now written a book on Pregnancy and birth and it is amazing, funny, relaxed, incredibly informative....I can't rave about her enough!

www.thefoodoflove.org/

Burmama Tue 16-Dec-14 13:57:22

Expecting better is great for evidence-based decision-making about labour, pregnancy, etc.

sianihedgehog Wed 17-Dec-14 11:48:03

Seconding Bump! Kate writes in a wonderfully straightforward way, and there's plenty of humour in it, as well as all the information being really well researched. And I'm not just saying that 'cause we're related. smile www.thefoodoflove.org/shop/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now