Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Absolutely sick! Bleeding and long waits.

(16 Posts)
DisneyDivaWoo Mon 15-Dec-14 17:39:21

I need to vent. I called the 111 service this morning after being unable to get in touch with my midwife. I explained I was bleeding heavily and clotting. I was told an ambulance was coming. 3 hours later it's still not arrived so I called 999 and it came 20 minutes later. I was then dumped in a waiting room and I have still not been seen by a doctor.
last time I was bleeding they put it down to a water infection. I've been on antibiotics and the midwife still can't tell me what the fuck is happening. The last doctor said I had a clot but now they have changed their mind.
[ang I'm so fed up.

Rockchick1984 Mon 15-Dec-14 18:55:24

Sounds very stressful, not really sure why you've rang an ambulance though? How far along are you? Hope you've been seen now

BlueberryWafer Mon 15-Dec-14 18:56:30

A little confused as to why you called for an ambulance?

Pico2 Mon 15-Dec-14 18:58:53

The OP was told by 111 that she needed an ambulance. That is presumably why she called one.

LynetteScavo Mon 15-Dec-14 19:21:37

111 originally called the ambulance. Something Silat happened to me re the bleeding...very, very scary. I didn't call an ambulance but if I hadn't been at home I'm sure someone else would. The host pitfall won't do much more than a pg test and tell you to come back for a scan or do one now if there is some one available.

Fwiw....there was a very happy end for me.

Good luck flowers

SilverStars Mon 15-Dec-14 19:41:32

Sadly hospitals cannot do much for bleeding. They can scan to see if baby still there but if before 24 weeks at my hospital that is all they offer. Have they done an internal examination to rule out anything they can see?
I have a haematoma on my placenta that was seen on my 12 week scan.

northernlurker Mon 15-Dec-14 19:44:20

I hope you get seen soon. How many weeks are you?

DisneyDivaWoo Mon 15-Dec-14 20:49:58

It was the 111 service that called the ambulance. I was told to contact 999 if my bleeding got worse (which it did). I'm 16weeks pregnant and I have an emergency scan on Thursday
they suspect a blood clot behind my placenta due to my scan last week so now I have to wait. They can't give me any painkillers other than paracetamol (which doesn't seem to do anything) and I'm not allowed codeine due to allergies sad

LynetteScavo Mon 15-Dec-14 20:53:23

Do you have much pain?

DisneyDivaWoo Mon 15-Dec-14 20:55:11

It's crippling. Can't have anymore paracetamol for a few hours.

northernlurker Mon 15-Dec-14 21:39:52

Has a doctor come and assessed you yet?

DisneyDivaWoo Tue 16-Dec-14 07:47:43

Yeah, cervix is still closed. I have a scan on Thursday. Got to stick with paracetamol sad

BlueberryWafer Tue 16-Dec-14 10:46:21

Hope all is well and hope the pain eases soon.

naty1 Tue 16-Dec-14 16:59:27

That sounds awful, like being stuck in labour with no hope of epidural. I hope it stops soon

DisneyDivaWoo Thu 18-Dec-14 11:01:41

I'm feeling much better (lactalose is helping) and I'm scan revealed no bvious bleed sites or clots just one very happy active baby smile

LynetteScavo Fri 19-Dec-14 18:24:10

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now