Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Still no results & nobody wants to help

(12 Posts)
MyPandaisasecretmonster Mon 15-Dec-14 17:37:31

I'm 25+1 with my first .

Since last Tuesday I have been losing a lot of mucus with blood in , I went to the delivery suite Tuesday night to get checked over - they listened for heart beat & took a urine sample I were told I would have the results by Friday & if not then I should get my Midwife to chase them up .

I can't get hold of my Midwife & she has no available appointments until the 5th of January , Delivery suite say they can't give me my results as has to be done by midwife .
I feel like I'm sat waiting for something bad to happen and I haven't a clue what to do as I'm still passing a lot of mucus with bits of blood in .

Can anybody help or advise what I can do ?

OldIrving Mon 15-Dec-14 17:39:15

Ask to speak to another midwife? Make an emergency call to the GP? Honestly if it was me I'd go to A+E.

MyPandaisasecretmonster Mon 15-Dec-14 17:41:12

Their are no other midwives available hmm

I went via A&E last week and they had me in and out within half n hour , said it could be an infection n then sent me home

OldIrving Mon 15-Dec-14 17:43:01

Right, it could be an infection, and now it's been A WEEK with no results/treatment? Go back. A doctor can give you the results just as well as a midwife, you need to be seen. What did your midwife tell you to do in an emergency?! What if someone goes into labour? There must be an emergency number you can be put through to.

MyPandaisasecretmonster Mon 15-Dec-14 17:47:50

In an emergency I were told to contact the delivery suite , I have just managed to get an emergency appointment for next Monday .
I have left yet another answering machine message for my midwife but I have been leaving them all week and not heard back so I'm not holding out much hope

OldIrving Mon 15-Dec-14 17:52:40

NEXT MONDAY?

Go to A+E. Say you are losing fluids (use that term - it'll flag it as perhaps a premature loss of your amniotic fluid, which personally I don't think it is BUT I AM NOT A DOCTOR AND YOU NEED TO BE SEEN BY ONE and they will take it very seriously).

If you say a swab was taken a week ago they will be able to find your results. Your delivery suite aren't taking it seriously enough (NEXT MONDAY???), so you are going to need to make a fuss.

MyPandaisasecretmonster Mon 15-Dec-14 17:58:26

A swab wasn't taken just a urine sample , I'll have to go first thing as got a poorly Ds that I can't drag out , Thanks for answering me

OldIrving Mon 15-Dec-14 18:24:09

Good luck. Will be thinking of you.

MyPandaisasecretmonster Mon 15-Dec-14 18:27:27

Thanks

SilverStars Mon 15-Dec-14 19:55:50

If waiting for urine test results you can go to gp and ask receptionist for print out of results. That is what I do. Or ask for urgent gp appointment who can refer you on if feels you need it?

MyPandaisasecretmonster Mon 15-Dec-14 20:07:24

I'll try for a GP appointment first , Thanks

Jodie1982 Mon 15-Dec-14 22:16:33

Phone n get an Emergency appt with your Gp, they'll have ur result n prescribe treatment if necessary. Your midwives sound awful!
Good luck. Hope all is okay. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now