Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations for a support belt?

(6 Posts)
flopsybunny45 Mon 15-Dec-14 13:40:15

I'd be really grateful if anyone could recommend any good brands of support belt?

I am looking for something which is not too bulky/brace-like?

creamoftomato Mon 15-Dec-14 13:45:54

I had a couple of these and they were pretty crap. But what was not crap was a giant bit of tubigrip (sp?) bandage that the hospital physio gave me when I saw her about pelvic/hip/lower back pain. Not pretty but very supportive!

fruitandfibre Mon 15-Dec-14 14:08:15

Is it for general support or for exercise? I am using a Nexcare band for running which is still comfy and very supportive at 32 weeks - it might show under clothes though. I've also used a Karriwell Lycra bump band which is good for lighter support and I sometimes wear both to smooth out the bumps on the Nexcare. Both available on Ebay fairly reasonably.

flopsybunny45 Mon 15-Dec-14 14:28:26

Thanks guys - it is for running - wanted a fit splint or gabriella but cannot find them here and haven't got any other ideas... You find the Nexcare good for running Fruit? It doesn't rub/ride up?

Thanks

fruitandfibre Mon 15-Dec-14 15:03:34

I have found it great, it has an extra band over the top of the bump which is really helpful as you get bigger. It definitely stays put. Mine is flesh coloured so it is not the most attractive if your top rides up - I've bought some longer tops now!

mum2benicole Mon 15-Dec-14 15:09:53

Single arm support bands r best I tried a few and most dig in but single arm ones dont and have the Velcro on the front and sides to tighten to how you want it they r by far the best im not Suresh make of mine but its not bulky like most of them it I no its by Emma-jane maternity hope u find the right one for u xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now