Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Nuchal scan, terrified!!

(8 Posts)
WrappedInABlankie Mon 15-Dec-14 10:51:14

I'm 13 weeks with dc2 and have my nuchal scan at 14:30 today but I'm terrified that it's gonna show a mmc or something else. I had an ectopic in March and in this pregnancy I've had some bleeding around 6 weeks and 7 weeks and all showed a hb etc I had a 1cm hematoma that caused the bleeding.

For the past week I've had dreams of being in the scan room and being told theirs something wrong I don't know why I didn't have this with my ds!

Number3cometome Mon 15-Dec-14 11:10:40

Ahhh bless you, it's totally natural to worry.

Please try not to worry until you need to, which may not be at all.

I had an early scan Friday and was convinced it would be bad news, but almost instantly the sonographer said "there's defo one little someone in there" grin

lmb21010 Mon 15-Dec-14 18:27:44

How did it go? Mine is next Tuesday and I feel exactly the same.

Roseylee20 Mon 15-Dec-14 19:40:53

Hi how did your scan go? I hope everything went well. I'm currently 22 weeks but at around 6/7 weeks I started to bleed and was sick with worry. I was also told I had a haematoma. I carried on bleeding red/pink/brown for the following few weeks. It eventually faded and nothing was mentioned at my 12 week scan- luckily the haematoma had absorbed itself. Wishing you all the best x

WrappedInABlankie Mon 15-Dec-14 22:14:13

It went okay, had to wait around for an hour as the sonographer was 30 minutes behind schedule! Was a bit painful due to her pressing stupidly hard on my C-Section scar but everything is all good with the baby I thought i was 13 weeks exactly but i'm 13+1 so not to bad!

SunbathingCat Mon 15-Dec-14 22:22:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WrappedInABlankie Mon 15-Dec-14 22:41:57

Thank you all!

Was such a relief, however I needed to pee from the moment i got there, the wait was agony!

Roseylee20 Tue 16-Dec-14 13:42:44

So pleased to hear that everything is ok! I also got put forward by a day at my 12 week scan. Yay! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now