Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nuchal scan, terrified!!

(8 Posts)
WrappedInABlankie Mon 15-Dec-14 10:51:14

I'm 13 weeks with dc2 and have my nuchal scan at 14:30 today but I'm terrified that it's gonna show a mmc or something else. I had an ectopic in March and in this pregnancy I've had some bleeding around 6 weeks and 7 weeks and all showed a hb etc I had a 1cm hematoma that caused the bleeding.

For the past week I've had dreams of being in the scan room and being told theirs something wrong I don't know why I didn't have this with my ds!

Number3cometome Mon 15-Dec-14 11:10:40

Ahhh bless you, it's totally natural to worry.

Please try not to worry until you need to, which may not be at all.

I had an early scan Friday and was convinced it would be bad news, but almost instantly the sonographer said "there's defo one little someone in there" grin

lmb21010 Mon 15-Dec-14 18:27:44

How did it go? Mine is next Tuesday and I feel exactly the same.

Roseylee20 Mon 15-Dec-14 19:40:53

Hi how did your scan go? I hope everything went well. I'm currently 22 weeks but at around 6/7 weeks I started to bleed and was sick with worry. I was also told I had a haematoma. I carried on bleeding red/pink/brown for the following few weeks. It eventually faded and nothing was mentioned at my 12 week scan- luckily the haematoma had absorbed itself. Wishing you all the best x

WrappedInABlankie Mon 15-Dec-14 22:14:13

It went okay, had to wait around for an hour as the sonographer was 30 minutes behind schedule! Was a bit painful due to her pressing stupidly hard on my C-Section scar but everything is all good with the baby I thought i was 13 weeks exactly but i'm 13+1 so not to bad!

SunbathingCat Mon 15-Dec-14 22:22:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WrappedInABlankie Mon 15-Dec-14 22:41:57

Thank you all!

Was such a relief, however I needed to pee from the moment i got there, the wait was agony!

flowers

Roseylee20 Tue 16-Dec-14 13:42:44

So pleased to hear that everything is ok! I also got put forward by a day at my 12 week scan. Yay! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now