Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breasts no longer sore at 6.5w. Terrified

(11 Posts)
Skinnylegs33 Mon 15-Dec-14 10:31:43

Hello ladies,

I've cried my eyes out today as I've noticed my breasts are no longer sore. Saturday they hurt so bad it felt like they were about to explode. But for the last 2 days...nada! I keep checking/poking/squeezing them, they no longer feel heavy nor tender.
This has happened before with my previous 2 mmc and that is why I am so worried now.
I am 6w5d today.
Can those that had succesful pregnancies please share their experience? Is this normal?
I am terrified that it's happening again sad

MagicMonday Mon 15-Dec-14 10:38:03

My pregnancy symptoms waxed and waned. Some days awful and then a few days of nothing. I even had a heavy bleed that lasted 8 days. Baby was fine. I was a wreck.
Try not to 2nd guess what is going on as you will drive yourself mad.

You sound terribly upset, so it might be worth speaking to a friendly gp about your concerns rather than dwelling on them alone.

GingerbreadPudding Mon 15-Dec-14 10:39:08

Don't be. It's normal. They will probably start up again tomorrow or they may not. The whole conception - when the baby starts kicking phase is very stressful. I lost count of huge days I was convinced it was all over as my symptoms had gone. Sometimes for days on end. In the end you've just got to reassure yourself that unless you're doubled over with cramp with red blood pouring out of you - you're very likely to be totally fine. I've had a few miscarriages and am now on 33 weeks of a pregnancy and there was no difference in those early days between the ones the didn't work out and this one. I suggest you eat some crisps and enjoy the time when you're harbouring your little secret x

HazleNutt Mon 15-Dec-14 10:50:01

I had exactly the same thing happening with DC1 - massively sore boobs disappeared overnight, also around 6 weeks. Everything was fine though.

nojaffacakes Mon 15-Dec-14 16:33:32

I also had this happen with my current pregnancy. I had tingly sore breasts until the day after i did a pregnancy test - about 5.5 weeks. Then the tingliness disappeared and never came back. I am now 13 weeks and have had a number of scans which show there is a baby growing in there.
Try not to worry - i know it's easy to say and hard to do. i worried myself sick and even posted on here! Good luck - i hope everything works out ok.

onthematleavecountdown Mon 15-Dec-14 18:20:46

Don't worry! When I was pregnant at that stage I was on additional progesterone so my boobs should have been as sore as hell. They felt fine. Everyone is different.

Skinnylegs33 Mon 15-Dec-14 22:20:24

Just a quick update: Yayyy!!
They're sore again this evening. My nipples only but I can live with itsmile
Thank you allflowers

wawabear Tue 16-Dec-14 09:35:00

Don't worry about anything like that - it's easier said than done but please just try to relax and enjoy this time.

I'm 21 weeks and my symptoms are up and down. One minute my nipples are so itchy I run to the loo at work, fling off my dress and bra so I can rub them! The next minute I don't feel pregnant at all (other than looking like I have eaten a lot of pies!).

Some days I can barely touch food, and other days I want all of the food! Everyone is different. My doctor said to me that you won't know what is 'normal' for you until you have your second baby.

Burmama Tue 16-Dec-14 13:53:20

Just wanted to say that my breasts did exactly the same thing. Got really big and sore for about a week around 5 weeks and then pretty much went back to normal until almost end of second trimester when they got big again. Almost 34 weeks now and they're massive. Try not to worry - your body gets a massive hormone surge right at the beginning and then evens itself out a bit. Congrats on your BFP! smile

Skinnylegs33 Wed 17-Dec-14 13:27:37

Thank you all for taking the time to reassure me. Everyone is so kind here flowers
Love it how you say they're massive now smile
I always looked forward to being pregnant hoping I'll get the same with mine as I'm normally half a cup A blush
I now get a little twinge in my breasts from time to time but otherwise not much activity there.

TheScenicRoute Wed 17-Dec-14 21:34:12

Brilliant. I didn't have ANY boob symptoms until well after my first trimester.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now