Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

urine samples

(9 Posts)
teachermummy2b Sun 14-Dec-14 21:57:46

Stupid question, but are they meant to be fmu samples?

CrispyCrochet Sun 14-Dec-14 21:59:15

Not stupid. Mine weren't always. They were whatever time of the day I remembered to do my sample. Often at the GP's surgery minutes before my appointment. HTH

teachermummy2b Sun 14-Dec-14 22:06:49

Aaah thank you. I have my 16 week appointment tomorrow and it's the first time its been checked!

Aley009 Sun 14-Dec-14 23:18:35

They ask its Fmu but I also forget sometimes long as it's your urine i dont think it Matters!

Littledragon13 Mon 15-Dec-14 13:56:51

This might sound ridiculous but what I'm I supposed to use to take my urine sample in? I wasn't given a wee pot at my last appointment and I don't think DP would appreciate me peeing in the Tupperware!

Will the drs give me one if I ask?

Sorehead Mon 15-Dec-14 14:15:57

Before my first appointment, I popped in to my GP surgery and asked for a pot at reception. The midwife then gave me a new pot at each appointment to use for the following visit.

I was never told anything about it needing to be FMU.

Funkytown Mon 15-Dec-14 14:18:31

in my hospital there was a box of tubes in the ladies loo

JennyBlueWren Mon 15-Dec-14 14:33:01

You can get them at the doctors (just ask at reception) they also normally have them in the loos there. My MW gives me another one at the end of each appointment.

CommanderShepard Mon 15-Dec-14 16:52:37

Some practices, mine included, have a basket of pots on the reception desk.

I had to take one in an IKEA spice jar to EPAU the other day, and come to think of it I didn't get it back. So I lost a baby and home accessories. Rude.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now