Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5weeks +2 still waiting for af to ruin it

(4 Posts)
Andifyoudontfirstsucceed Sun 14-Dec-14 15:44:02

In my second pregnancy - first ended at 6 weeks . Tested really early 2 weeks ago on Tuesday. Feel like this one will end up like the last one... Really worrying me... Midwife is booked for 7.5 weeks... Which is when my local epu will scan you too... So just have to wait and hang on... Feel so alone about it all though!!!

Any good stories out there about second pregnancies?

leanne963 Sun 14-Dec-14 17:03:32

Bless you!!! I know exactly how you feel!! Had a MC in June at around 10 weeks, can't be 100% sure, but it was the worst experience of my life.

Middie of September I felt a bit sicky and partner told me to do a pregnancy test. So I did and it said I was 3-4 weeks pregnant.

I hated knowing so early, I felt like every day dragged and I just wanted to cry all the time from worry as I couldn't get my hopes up to be let down again. I ended up getting an early scan privately to put my mind at rest and THEN another one a few weeks later. It felt like an eternity to reach 12 weeks. But I am 17 weeks today, everything is going well, apart from the odd bit of spotting but it doesn't seem to be concerning the midwife or doctors. Plus I have found out I am having a girl.

It is so so so hard and I empathise with you, but I CAN be ok. Just tell yourself every day 'today I am pregnant' and there reallying is nothing that can be done in these early weeks so try to not worry that you are doing anything wrong.

I am so sorry for your previous loss, but congratulations on the current pregnancy!!! flowers

GlitzAndGigglesx Sun 14-Dec-14 17:09:06

Hey I'm also pregnant just a week ahead of you actually. Providing all goes well this will be my second child and I excitedly and stupidly told quite a few people as soon as I found out a few weeks ago. I have my first ultrasound next month so I think I'll feel "safer" then. I kept having horrible dreams though a couple of weeks ago that I had miscarriages and I woke up thinking they were real. Think positive and eat lots of chocolate x

dayspringjubilee Mon 15-Dec-14 09:27:03

We were TTC for 4 1/2 years and I was starting to accept it would never happen, at least naturally...now over 35 weeks and I STILL check the toilet paper every time I go to the toilet! I think it's just ingrained in us to worry about our babies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now