Talk

Advanced search

2nd pregnancy very different to 1st?

(13 Posts)
Treesandbees Sun 14-Dec-14 12:53:26

Just wondering if this happens to people? I've recently found out I'm pregnant with #2 (almost 5 weeks) but it feels so different to my DS that I'm paranoid it's going to end in MC (have had 1 before DS). With my DS I had lots of early symptoms, particularly my boobs which were so sore from day 1. This time around my boobs aren't sore at all and all I have is tiredness and cramps so I'm naturally fearing the worst!

Luciferbox Sun 14-Dec-14 13:59:03

I'm now pregnant with my second. Last time my boobs hurt right at the start but this time they only started to hurt last weekend when I was 5+3. It's different but they're getting more painful each day so maybe your other symptoms will kick in at a later date.

SunbathingCat Sun 14-Dec-14 14:07:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Sun 14-Dec-14 14:27:50

I actually could have written your OP. First time round my breasts were so painful that before I knew I was pregnant I thought id pulled a muscle or something. Haven't had any pain at all this time round. I'm around 10+4 now and paid for a private scan at 9 weeks because I was so paranoid due to the difference in symptoms. All was fine then and hopefully still is smile.

Mrsgrumble Sun 14-Dec-14 14:36:14

Totally different pregnancies

Not sick with dc 1 - very sick with dc 2 (mostly upset stomach)

Emotional with dc 2 - gentler kicks smaller bump Etc

Same sex though

LIG1979 Sun 14-Dec-14 15:41:50

Yes - had early symptoms with both yet with dd it was sore boobs and with this one it was a metallic taste in the mouth. Both times nausea kicked in around 5 weeks. With dd, the morning sickness was improving by 10 weeks and gone by 12 weeks, this time it went on to 18 weeks. Generally this second one is a bit rubbish really but I think it is because I am juggling work and a toddler and have less time to rest.

Treesandbees Sun 14-Dec-14 17:43:11

Thanks everyone you are reassuring me! Had to go to a Crimbo party and had a decoy Baileys. Took a tiny sip and it made my stomach turn. Normally love the stuff so counting that as a 'symptom'!! Might have to have an early scan as stressing myself out so much!

blackwidow74 Sun 14-Dec-14 20:41:37

My pregnancies have been different too ... 2nd was new partner so that was a factor ... All my boys were symptom free whereas my daughter and this pregnancy I had every symptom possible (this is a girl too) and this time I've been so much more tired but I'm told that's down to my age lol smile

Mammanat222 Mon 15-Dec-14 09:15:00

All my pregnancies have been very similar (I have had 4 miscarriages, have DS and am 35w with number 2) in that I had very few symptoms.

My successful pregnancies have been very similar physically [although I am very tired this time, a lot more so than first time round but understandable as I have a toddler and work FT]. Emotionally though my second pregnancy has been very different.

Last time I was calm, serene, peaceful and happy. This time I am angry, miserable, snappy and moody!! Had DS last time, this time it's a DD!

Swanny84 Mon 15-Dec-14 21:28:37

My first pregnancy was practically symptom free the whole way through, 2nd was awful, morning sickness 24/7 till 28 weeks (lost 3 stone but had massive bump) both girls. This one I'm tired, sore breasts which I didn't have with either and lots of nausea. All pregnancies are different hun, I've learnt this and by far this is my worst. I worked full time with both till 35 weeks, only in 1st trimester and work part time now and honestly fall into bed each night xx

Faithsmum0110 Mon 15-Dec-14 21:34:49

With my first my pregnancy was a breeze no sickness etc. this one I have felt sick sore boobs and this evening started having a little bleed so scared. Hope everything goes we'll with yours xx

Swanny84 Mon 15-Dec-14 21:35:39

Faithsmum, I hope everything is ok. Xxx

berrypicking Tue 16-Dec-14 15:48:45

My last pregnancy with DS I felt great hardly any symptoms. I am now 11 weeks with our second and I feel awful. Really bad morning sickness, such sore boobs, ears always popping and exhausted. I guess it's true that all pregnancies are different!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now