Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breathed in car exhaust fumes

(6 Posts)
sarah00001 Sun 14-Dec-14 02:53:51

Hi, I'm 11 weeks 5 days pregnant. I went shopping this evening with my partner and he sprayed himself with the strongest smelling aftershave which made me feel ill. In the car I opened my window because the smell was so overpowering. Unfortunately we were stuck in traffic for a while and I could smell the exhaust fumes from other cars. I'm really worried now that breathing in the exhaust fumes from so many cars will have harmed my baby. I'd really appreciate some advice/reassurance.
Thank you, Sarah

GoldfishSpy Sun 14-Dec-14 02:58:42

Your baby will not have been hurt by the exhaust fumes, don't worry!

dionne13 Sun 14-Dec-14 03:02:17

No you will be fine your sense and stuff all over the place try get a sleep whilst you still can smile x

LittleBearPad Sun 14-Dec-14 03:37:24

You'll be fine. Pregnant people walk past traffic jams all the time with no ill effects.

Jodie1982 Sun 14-Dec-14 07:19:51

I've been breathing in DPs farts for yrs and currently healthily preggy with his 2nd baby grin
Your baby will be fine, bet that was horrible having to sit amongst the fumes tho, I hate exhaust smells it makes me feel so sickly.

Findingthisdifficult1234 Sun 14-Dec-14 07:27:36

Ah op I worry about things like this all the time sad please try not to worry, unfortunately you can't not ever breathe in nasty things but just try not to as much as possible.
All the best with your pregnancy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now