Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34 weeks and feeling a bit emotional

(2 Posts)
Naomip88 Sat 13-Dec-14 20:55:32

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and for the last couple of weeks I've been feeling a bit blue and tearful. I'm usually really cheerful and even tempered and our baby is very much wanted so it's a bit confusing! I'm not sure if it's just hormones, the change in lifestyle (I've just finished work- still freelancing but I'm working from home) feeling uncomfortable or nerves!! Maybe it's a mixture of all of it; I've started getting really nervous about whether I'm going to be a good mum and how much my life will change in a matter of weeks!! My dp is wonderful and supportive but he seems so laid back and content whilst I feel anxious and worried. Does anyone have any advice or had similar feelings?

secondtimeprego Sat 13-Dec-14 22:14:27

This is totally normal. Having a baby is a life altering experience. You can be very excited and happy about a much wanted pregnancy, yet also be nervous and scared about what's to come. I certainly felt a lot of what you are feeling when I was pregnant with my first. Worrying about being a good mum is the first sign of already -being- a good mum. The worrying won't stop once baby is born. We're programmed to worry. smile (not caring is a bigger concern in my opinion) I'm glad your dp is being so supportive. Try relax and enjoy the previous little time you have left as a family of two. And if the blue feelings start to overwhelm you don't be afraid to contact your midwife who should be able to offer you support if needed. Good luck with everything. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now