Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

[Saturday fun] My DH has more pg symptoms than me!

(8 Posts)
helloelo Sat 13-Dec-14 12:44:40

Hello,

I just though I'd have a bit of Saturday fun and share the sympathetic symptoms people close to me seem to display while I'm pregnant.

For instance, classic, stuff, my DH has put on weight but just around his belly area. Also, I noticed that on all the recent pictures, he seems to adopt the same "hand on the belly" position as me. Oh... and he waddles a bit when he walks now (I'm 36w) which is sooooo comical. He's not distressed by my pg at all thankfully but I'm keeping a close eye on him, I think he needs a bit of cuddling before DS comes!

My mum has gone a bit mad (it's the 1st GC in the family) and her Freudian slips are so funny... the other day, she forgot a bottle of Evian in he car and she said to me "oh I've lost my waters!". We were ROTFL!

Do you have any funny stories to share?

Have a great week-end!

Maxis1 Sat 13-Dec-14 14:02:25

My OH keeps dreaming about carrying the baby inside him himself :D

Oh and his mums partner told me that 2 weeks before we saw them the last time OH went on a diet trying to make his belly look smaller than my 27 week one .... and everyone said my bump was neater and that OH failed in his quest :D

Emz1989 Sat 13-Dec-14 14:55:05

It's always been a bit of a joke that I've got an amazing sense of smell and poor dh can't smell ANYTHING! 12 weeks pregnant and my sense of smell has toned down and poor husband is gagging at all sorts! Bizarre!! X

JennyBlueWren Sat 13-Dec-14 16:13:01

DH has been getting a sore back (from gaming) and needs a hot water bottle. Also he's been having leg cramps in the night (as have I).

TheScenicRoute Sat 13-Dec-14 20:24:20

Jenny, point your toes and foot up towards your nose as soon as that cramp feeling starts... It's magic, you won't get cramp.

purplemurple1 Sat 13-Dec-14 20:29:24

If you wake with cramp in full swing putting weight on your foot and rubbing it vigorously tends to ease it off quite fast.

My OH keeps saying his hip hurts, and he has heart burn - I have spd, bad heart burn all the time and zero sympathy for him.

Jodie1982 Sun 14-Dec-14 07:30:54

My DP has a belly now too, he seems to be eating like I should be, for two lol! And also like JennyBlueWren's DP had a bad back (from gaming!), plus he's taken a liking to my Cravings, Ice and Polos!

baby5ontheway Tue 16-Dec-14 14:46:06

Hahaha this made me giggle, as I have been saying to my DH 'are you sure your not preggars aswell'. His belly is more pregnant looking than mine!, I catch him sniffing things, says he swears he can smell something odd, and to top it off, he's started putting tomatoe ketchup on EVERYTHING, hahahahaha.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now