Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else feel like a walking womb?

(12 Posts)
DisneyDivaWoo Sat 13-Dec-14 12:39:32

This is just me having a moan. I'm nearly 16 weeks with my second and I'm feeling less like myself and more like a walking womb. I'm sick of being told what to do (by midwives/dh/million/dm/dad) and what I can and can't have. I know people care but last time I checked I was a bloody grown up.

Anyone else feel similar?

DisneyDivaWoo Sat 13-Dec-14 12:40:22

*mother in law

Peaceloveandbiscuits Sun 14-Dec-14 01:49:44

Yep. It gets worse as you go on hmm I tried nipping it in the bud but people still ask after "the bump" rather than me. Blah.

VroomOnTheBroom Sun 14-Dec-14 03:25:07

Me too. Also on second child, 15 weeks now. I really notice it this time around. Last week I was stopped over in Dubai airport and ordered a coffee at Starbucks, and the woman at the counter said (very nicely, but still) "I'm going to give you decaf because caffeine isn't good for your baby".. And then hollered "One shot DECAF!!" at the girl making coffee. I didn't get a choice. I wasn't hung up on it - I didn't even drink coffee for the whole first trimester, as I don't fancy it much now - but it was the whole lack of agency which bugged me, as if the woman who's walking, talking and paying for her own damn coffee is nothing more than the shell of the foetus. One gingerbread latte in three months isn't going to hurt, FFS.

DontBeBlueBeARainbow Sun 14-Dec-14 04:29:53

That's shocking Vroom, I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me! shock

Sonics Sun 14-Dec-14 07:09:02

Oh wow that's unbelievable!!

Yes I totally feel like this. People only ask about the bump and the baby. Like the whole of the rest of my life has disappeared. I'd like to talk about something else at times. I know it's nice that people are interested but sometimes wish they ask me something other than - when are you due / what are you having / have you thought of names etc etc

DisneyDivaWoo Sun 14-Dec-14 09:10:05

I'm so pleased I'm not the only one who feels this way.
I can't believe the nerve of some people.
If I want a normal coffee (morning sickness allowing) and I fancy it then I will have it.

People asking about the baby and not myself I also find annoying. Yes it's great we are having babies but we don't have to talk about them all the time.

KentExpecting Sun 14-Dec-14 11:18:02

"How's the bump?" is really driving me insane! Firstly, how would I know? Secondly, I'm still here too!!! Grrrr....

ChickenMe Sun 14-Dec-14 11:37:53

Vroom how patronising! Id feel like saying- is it your womb, no, so butt out. But I only ever think of responses afterwards!
OP I felt very ratty around your gestation. Poor MIL who is a lovely person was doing me in as she is scared of everything and I'm the opposite-I like to be independent and being babied is guaranteed to piss me off!

DisneyDivaWoo Sun 14-Dec-14 11:43:37

I already have issues with my mother in law. She's not concerned about my health and is only bothered about her grandchild. As long as baby is ok - that's all that matters to her. My husband has already told her off a few times when she suggested if I need to stay in hospital then she could take the baby home with her. It's making me paranoid to be honest.

Peaceloveandbiscuits Sun 14-Dec-14 14:43:19

My sister was practicing pushing my pram a few weeks ago, then looked at me and said, "now I just need a baby to go in it, please", in all seriousness, as if I wasn't gestating hard or fast enough for her liking confused

RevoltingPeasant Sun 14-Dec-14 21:19:39

Wow! I am lucky to not have had anything like this.

I would have walked out of the Starbucks tbh. And complained afterwards.

By contrast, one of my colleagues only noticed a fortnight ago that I am pg (I was 31w at the time) and another, on being told that I was pg, said "oh right! Anyhow are you going to such and such conference?"

I know which I prefer! Also have not had anyone in supermarkets etc trying to feel bump. I am 33w tomorrow so maybe I am home safe on that score!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now