Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Frantic movements followed by chronic sickness and heartburn- thoughts?

(6 Posts)
Cullercoats88 Sat 13-Dec-14 09:31:36

Hey all, I'm not massively concerned as I feel great and all midwife app and scans have been positive. But I was told at 20 week scan that I had a low lying placenta and I have to go back at 34 weeks (next Friday) to see if it's moved.

About 4 weeks ago on a Friday night baby was kicking like mad, it was visible outside of my clothes (really freaked out my friends) and then the following day and through the weekend I had really bad sickness and heartburn. I spent most weekend in bed. I am also a childminder so I figured whilst the heartburn could be pregnancy related the sickness could just as easily be a bug from the kiddies.

By Monday I was back to normal.

Thursday night baby was really moving again, it was like a scene from alien!! And then about 5am Friday morning I was up being sick and it didn't stop until about 3pm yesterday afternoon.

Are these related do you think? My mom, who is a nurse but not a midwife, reckons it could be placenta moving and as baby is growing and has less space it's causing me to be sick. Could that be right? I'm not massively worried but should I be? Any thoughts/advice would be greatly received!!

X

BlueberryWafer Sat 13-Dec-14 09:33:39

Anything that concerns you warrants a call to the midwife smile trust your own instincts.

m33r Sat 13-Dec-14 10:14:15

I had more frantic movements the other night. Like you I was 99% sure that this was a good thing. 1% unsure I picked up the phone and got the reassurance I needed. Felt great since and enjoying my alien-like movements rather than nursing a - albeit tiny - niggling doubt! smile

Pico2 Sat 13-Dec-14 10:31:44

I've had heartburn so bad it has made me throw up. Much better now I've been prescribed ranatidine. Possibly caused by my baby being breech (not sure if this can be a factor).

I'm not saying yours is the same and suggest you call to get reassurance.

ARandomFridayIn2012 Sat 13-Dec-14 10:34:35

Increased movement needs to be checked as much as reduced movement. I would get checked out for peace of mind

Cullercoats88 Sun 14-Dec-14 00:28:51

Thanks all- I will give midwife a call then.

Good to have a forum like this for the odd pregnancy quibble!! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now