Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

SPD /PGP how to get comfy? ???

(5 Posts)
Bondy83 Sat 13-Dec-14 08:59:48

I'm in terrible pain in my hips and lower back (29+2) I've got a hot water permanently stuck to me. I can't get comfortable at all especially at night I've spent most of last night in tears I'm that tired & uncomfortable. Any tips?

LittleRedRidingHoodie Sat 13-Dec-14 09:39:16

See an osteopath, mine cured my spd in two sessions. I was on crutches, unable to walk or drive and now I'm normal again!

Put pillows between your knees and ankles when you sleep (not just your knees)

Never open your legs apart to get out of the car or bed etc. always put your knees together first and then get out.

Get rid of the heat, if there is inflammation it may be making it worse. Try ice. If this doesn't work, leave off both of them.

Jodie1982 Sat 13-Dec-14 09:55:46

I've had a terrible night too, constantly waking with a burning pain in my hips and pains down back of legs, wish I could afford an Osteopath sad. I'm now sat on Sofa, uncomfortable still, thinking of the chores that need doing today, think I might leave a couple. I've told my eldest I'd take her n her siblings to WinterWonderland as an Xmas treat nxt wk, but I seriously doubt I'll manage the journey and walking about for hrs sad so I'm goin to have to let them down, thinking of Cinema and a nice meal instead, Xmas is just around the corner hopefully they won't be too disappointed in me. I'm a crappy mum lately.

Meplusyouequals4 Sat 13-Dec-14 20:26:59

Put a pillow between your legs and ankles it's a more natural position to be in. The fold a hand towel up and place it under your bump(lay on your side)

Sounds silly but wear pj's preferably silky one so you can slide in bed better for getting out or just moving in general.

Meplusyouequals4 Sat 13-Dec-14 20:27:51

Oh definitely tell your midwife you want to see a physio they can give you supports that can help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now