Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced movements at 16 weeks with second baby

(11 Posts)
IsobelM0210 Fri 12-Dec-14 16:18:51

hi this is my second pregnancy and I am 16 weeks. Iv been able to feel my baby moving since I was 11 weeks. Very little flutters and then much Bigger more noticeable movements. My worry is that I haven't felt the baby move for the last couple of days. I'm worried if I phone my midwife she won't take me seriously as I'm so early on and also don't want to waste anyone's time as I am so early and obviously I'm not feeling a routine of movements but just little ones here and there. but beginning to panic a little as I know for sure I have been feeling baby at least daily and now suddenly nothing! Anyone else had this or have any advice I would be greatful thanks x

offside Fri 12-Dec-14 16:44:25

Only advice is to call MW. We can't tell you whether it's going to be ok. You know what's normal for your baby and you HAVE to convey this to your MW.

Liklihood is that everything is fine but better to be safe than sorry.

IsobelM0210 Fri 12-Dec-14 17:03:44

Iv contacted my local midwife and left a message to call back so hopefully hear from someone soon.

SoonToBeSix Fri 12-Dec-14 17:05:35

Always best to call but you don't start to monitor movements at 16 weeks as sadly there is nothing they can do. Try not to worry.

jazzyjenbo Fri 12-Dec-14 17:21:48

I have this aswell but not overly worried as mw said that she thinks i could hav an anterior placenta at the last appointment which would hide alot of the movement, I hope your mw sees you and gives you some reassurance. (I am 15+5 with dc3)

divingoffthebalcony Fri 12-Dec-14 17:29:34

At 16 weeks the baby is still very small and capable of hiding! And, as a previous poster mentioned, even if there was a problem (which is unlikely) there is nothing they can do.

I understand though. I'm 17 weeks and barely feeling any movements. At the same stage in my first pregnancy I was getting such strong kicks they could be seen from the outside. I think I might have an anterior placenta which is cushioning all the movements.

Luckystar82 Fri 12-Dec-14 17:40:45

My friend had this happen to her around this time.

Made her panic to, but everything was fine at 20w scan.

Good luck smile

Jodie1982 Fri 12-Dec-14 22:02:17

My MW wouldn't see me at Maternity Unit untill I was 18wks. Ur baby is probably just hiding away somewhere as he/she is still so tiny. Hope all is okay.

littlemissy12345 Fri 12-Dec-14 22:06:10

I had exactly the same thing but realised that the baby was low down when I could feel everything (even from the outside) but then moved up slightly so it was less noticeable. Now (25 weeks) I'm getting kicks everywhere. I think with your second you remember movements from the end of your pregnancy and forget the beginning.

IsobelM0210 Sat 13-Dec-14 11:39:37

Thanks for the replies. Never got that call back from MW and baby still (hopefully) hiding so still no movements yet but I'm less worried than before. I have a scan booked for next week anyways so hopefully I will get some reassurance then x

WingsClipped Sat 13-Dec-14 23:36:42

I felt movement very low down from 14.5 weeks with this second pregnancy. Then didn't feel anything for a couple of weeks. Discovered at my 20week scan I had anterior placenta which was cushioning all the kicks. Am 23weeks now and kicks are back and stronger but again very low down. Wouldn't worry too much as baby is probably hiding but obviously if you are getting really anxious about it keep ringing your midwife or the ward and see what they advise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now