Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Raspberry Leaf

(4 Posts)
Shaziful0x Fri 12-Dec-14 16:08:04

Hi all,

I've read a lot of positive things about using raspberry leaf tea/capsules.. my main reason of interest is the aid of toning up the uterus for more effective (and hopefully less painful) contractions and also to strengthen the pelvic floor.

It was previously believed that it brought on labour, but that's turned out to be untrue. There are no worrying side affects; however, some women have stated that taking the herb has given them mild or strong period-like pains and some experienced braxton hicks (some have said this may be the toning effect working).

I was wondering if anyone on here has taken raspberry leaf tea/capsules and could share their own positive/negative experiences with them smile

ACardiganForCat Fri 12-Dec-14 18:08:11

I had a cup of rl tea every day from about 37 wks with dc1. Labour was still painful. I dilated quite fast, probably 4-10cm in 5hrs and pushing took about 45mins. I have no idea whether that was just lucky or whether the tea helped! I am 39+3 with my second child now and I'm drinking the same amount this time. I think it tastes like arse though so I can't manage more than one cup a day!

LittleRedRidingHoodie Fri 12-Dec-14 18:32:34

I was told you had to take capsules as the tea isn't strong enough for you to ever be able to drink enough

babyblabber Fri 12-Dec-14 20:09:05

I took the capsules but pretty sure they did nothing. Was induced at 12 days over & it took 7 hours of frequent painful contractions to get to 1cm dilated & another 13 hours & syntocin drip to get to 10cm.

Having said that, can't do any harm but just don't put too much hope on them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now