Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Disgusting taste in my mouth.

(17 Posts)
thesmallbear Thu 11-Dec-14 21:51:54

Any tips on how I can get rid of this? The mints aren't working!

sksk Thu 11-Dec-14 21:53:36

It could be reflux. Are you allowed to take Tums or something that is fairly harmless? Maybe your Pharmacist could help?

mooth Thu 11-Dec-14 21:54:10

Is it a metallic taste? Early weeks? No, you have to live with it.

thesmallbear Thu 11-Dec-14 21:56:10

Yes, early weeks. Week 10. Don't think it's reflux.

Spinaroo Thu 11-Dec-14 21:58:06

Yep-had this with all three- felt as if a pen had burst in my mouth. It went momentarily when I ate but then returned with a vengeance when I stopped- with a side dish of nausea which made it not Witt the bother. It will go of its own accord. Congrats in the pregnancy. smile

Spinaroo Thu 11-Dec-14 21:59:19

Worth not Witt!! hmm

mooth Thu 11-Dec-14 22:02:06

You will get a beautiful baby at the end.

BiscuitsofYum Thu 11-Dec-14 22:02:46

I hated the awful taste in my mouth! My midwife recommended lemon sherbets, it didn't work so well for me, but for a friend it was her little life saver.

MrTumblesSpottyHag Thu 11-Dec-14 22:22:03

A spoonful of honey sometimes helped me. Or ice cold chocolate milk.

BadIdeaBear Thu 11-Dec-14 22:47:01

I've been using the tiny strong mints that Cafe Nero sell in a cute little box. They live in my handbag. But you say mints aren't working for you. I wonder if the strength of mint makes a difference?

Milk seems to work slightly too for me.

It's horrible, isn't it? On the other hand, I think I'd prefer it to nausea and ms, which I'm avoiding. Week 9

AuntieVenom Thu 11-Dec-14 23:37:07

It's disgusting isn't it? I find salt and vinegar crisps get rid of the taste for a while. On saying that I'm 22 weeks now and it's slowly going away thank goodness.

thesmallbear Fri 12-Dec-14 07:13:12

Thanks all. I have been having Polo mints, so will try some of the stronger mints and sherbet lemons.

ChickenMe Fri 12-Dec-14 09:38:29

Oh God I can't believd I forgot that vile taste. Second vote for anything salty. Also ice lollies, fizzy drinks, sorbets, fruit, raw veggies, refresher-type sweets, mint tea, bitter lemon drinks, lemon squeezed into sparkling water. These all helped.

DrElizabethPlimpton Fri 12-Dec-14 10:03:44

I'm peri menopausal and get it too. Grim.

You have my sympathies.

Threeplus1 Fri 12-Dec-14 14:29:56

I have this too and find that orange juice or oranges makes it worse confused

I've found brushing my teeth helps (when I'm not gagging around my brush) and homemade lemonade (lots of lemon juice heated with sugar then topped off with lots of ice cold water and sprigs of mint) works wonders. I could drink gallons of it!

Otherwise I find fizzy drinks help

Gudgyx Fri 12-Dec-14 15:20:17

I have this too! Also, went to take a drink of some tropical asda fizzy juice a few days back and had to spit it back out, it tasted like prawns!! OH says Im nuts

jaggythistle Fri 12-Dec-14 17:54:25

Lemonade ice lollies.

Also citrus flavoured sweets worked better than mints.

I'm nauseous all day with evening vomiting and the taste makes the nausea worse.

Even tooth brushing only works for about 3 minutes. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now