Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

At what point...

(13 Posts)
NinjaPanda34 Thu 11-Dec-14 21:27:27

... Could you make out a foot/hand imprint through your belly as the babies wriggle about? I'm 30+6

quesadillas Thu 11-Dec-14 21:36:20

Never happened for me.

IrritatedPartyOf1 Thu 11-Dec-14 21:38:07

You can't it's impossible. that photo that gets circulated on the Internet is photoshopped.

Messygirl Thu 11-Dec-14 21:39:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LittleRedRidingHoodie Thu 11-Dec-14 21:55:01

Uuuuuuuurrrggh! I hope never! That would freak me out! I'm 33 weeks and I can see movements and lumps but I couldn't even say hand/knee/head/bump.

IrritatedPartyOf1 Thu 11-Dec-14 22:58:32

madrigals, the whole foot outline? You could make out toes etc? Or just a lump sticking out?

Messygirl Thu 11-Dec-14 23:32:46

Pyjamaramadrama Thu 11-Dec-14 23:51:41

It never happened with me.

Peaceloveandbiscuits Fri 12-Dec-14 00:31:14

Depends on your placenta placement I would have thought? Mine is anterior and the best I can make out is bottom because it's a huge hard lump! I imagine you'd have to have very little body fat to make out anything very clearly.

NinjaPanda34 Fri 12-Dec-14 07:09:47

Ahhhh didn't realise it was a bit of an urban myth then? Today I'm 31wks with twins, so not much space for movement and have one placenta anterior and one posterior, so have always seen more movement on my right hand side. Was just wondering! smile

mrshjb Fri 12-Dec-14 09:32:20

I've been wondering the same thing. Friends and family have told me that it's usually in the last month or so. I'm 33+2 and haven't really been able to distinguish any definite limbs yet! It's not an urban myth though, it does happen to some people (my Mum and friends included) but maybe not everyone. Could well be placenta positioning and how much body fat you have. I don't think it will be really clear but you should be able to tell what's what at some point!!!

Messygirl Fri 12-Dec-14 09:40:12

kalidasa Fri 12-Dec-14 09:45:39

It does happen for some women, I remember a friend of mine you could see her baby's feet in the final trimester. She had her baby young and was very slim. But sometimes this is actually a sign of something wrong I think - if there's not enough amniotic fluid around the baby for instance. I have had two extremely wriggly babies and general lumps/bumps/points are very clear when they are shoving around but I've never seen an actual hand/footprint (currently 33 weeks with no. 2 so I suppose there's still time!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now