Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

itching!!!!

(6 Posts)
ameliarose2012 Thu 11-Dec-14 21:16:58

I need help! My legs are so itchy atm. All over, but especially on my ankles. Does anyone have any tried and tested methods to help? It's really getting me down as it's stopping me sleeping fsad

NancyRaygun Thu 11-Dec-14 21:20:44

Hello, I have no remedies I am sorry! But I just wanted to say that you should tell your midwife about the itching as it can very rarely be a sign that there is a problem, I think with your liver but I may be misremembering that! So worth mentioning. I hope you get some more answers with some tips! Good luck smile

Jodie1982 Thu 11-Dec-14 21:53:24

Tell ur Midwife, she should do a blood test to check ur Liver. I've got terrible Itching which MW saw, she took some bloods that came back clear, my itching is due to good old stretching of skin luckily. But make sure u tell ur MW ASAP.

Threeplus1 Fri 12-Dec-14 14:36:47

I had awful itching all over my body in my 3rd pregnancy and it was hell! It'd keep me up at night and I was miserable. I wasn't checked for liver problems though. I found that the only thing that helped somewhat was to wash with that E45 wash, then make a mix of olive oil and e45 lotion and slather it on. Just watch out for the greasy bathtub!

Hope it eases for you soon, and hope I don't get it this time around!!

TimefIies Fri 12-Dec-14 15:02:41

I had itchy ankles when my feet and calves swelled a bit at 8 months - putting my feet up for a few hours a day, no tight trousers/socks and not getting too hot fixed it. Try not to scratch - a bit of moisturiser can help. My MW did run a blood test for liver problems, which is unlikely unless you have an itchy belly and hands too.

juneavrile Fri 12-Dec-14 16:20:06

If it looks taut and a bit scaly it might just be dry skin. It can be really itchy. Try olive or sunflower oil on it and see if it goes.

I had itching on my neck, wrists and belly and it was the 'liver thing' - obstetric cholestatis. I asked my midwife to test me for it because I also had darker than usual urine. But the itching wasn't in the usual places - palms and feet. This means having closer monitoring = midwife once a week and a prescription for piriton (a safe anti-hystemine), something for the liver itself and a big pot of aqueous menthol cream.

I hope you're okay. If you're worried, go see gp or mw for a blood test. OC is about 1/160 pregnancies and more in twins or some ethnic groups.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now