Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Period like pain

(7 Posts)
Pyjamaramadrama Thu 11-Dec-14 21:06:38

I'm 14 weeks and for the last week I've been having period/cervical type pain. It's quite strong at times. It feels more in my cervix than stomach.

This is my second so I should know what's normal and what's not by now.

Right now I can't get comfy at all and I'm wondering if it's just normal or something wrong.

helloelo Thu 11-Dec-14 23:53:36

Don't want you to go to bed without answer but really, it could be so many things (the feeling of your uterus filling your pelvis? Overstimulation from intercourse? The start of some sort of pelvic syndrome? Baby doing trampoline on your cervix? Etc.) that only your MW or GP will be able to tell you... I assume you had your fist scan and everything is fine. Try to hold on to that idea tonight, and phone in the morning to double check. Don't worry about asking for nothing, ALL pg ladies have some kind of weird stuff at some point and reassurance is key.

omri Fri 12-Dec-14 00:24:21

I had v bad and strong period pains at about 14 wks in my last pregnancy. I was v concerned at the time as had had a mmc 6 months previously. Went to doc and everything was fine.... And that period pain is now a bouncing 7 month old baby girl sitting here at my feet sucking the tv remote and refusing to sleep!!!smile
Hope it's the same for you.
Could be implantation pains? Not sure when that happens. Or one of the many unexplained pregnancy pains you'll have over next few months...

omri Sat 13-Dec-14 09:47:00

Hi pyjama- how are you feeling this morning?

Pyjamaramadrama Sat 13-Dec-14 11:10:50

Hi, thanks for the replies.

I'm fine this morning, the pains seem to come on at night, so I didn't notice anything all day yesterday but was getting quite strong period type pains last night.

Nothing bad has happened though so I expect it's just everything growing and stretching.

I've got midwife appointment this week so I'll mention it then.

applecore0317 Sun 14-Dec-14 07:37:16

When I get wind or trapped wind I get period type pains as well, also with constipation. Tends to be at night as am really bloated. That coupled with a bit of round ligament pain isn't nice, might be worth trying rennies deflatine to rule out wind

browneyedgirly Sun 14-Dec-14 08:18:42

I've had lots of period type pains since about 14 weeks (now 26). Nothing ever too severe though. Shen I spoke to the midwife she said it was just things growing and stretching normally. Always worth speaking to your midwife for reassurance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now