Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

26+3: do I need the hospital?

(45 Posts)
PatMullins Wed 10-Dec-14 21:56:13

I've had pink discharge for about 12 hours now (DTD this morning, was in my pad and toilet after)

Throughout the day my front and back have been cramping and my Braxton Hicks(?) are strong enough to stop me doing whatever I'm doing and breathe through them.
There is a lot of pain and pressure in my cervix; I'm struggling to walk.

I'm tired and sore- what is this? Is it worth a call to Triage or is it all normal?

Believe it or not this is my second baby blush

ohdearitshappeningtome Wed 10-Dec-14 21:58:35

I would ring just for advice. Post coital bleeding can be normal but you will need to be checked in case you have negative blood and need anti d

Just ring :-)

ohdearitshappeningtome Wed 10-Dec-14 21:59:27

Could also be a show. Keep a pad if it's on it and ring

Good luck

PatMullins Wed 10-Dec-14 21:59:39

Oh I am rhesus neg, forgot all about that- thank you!

Justwheesht Wed 10-Dec-14 22:03:54

Phone them. Good chance everything will be ok.

I went into labour 26+5 but put off phoning hospital because it was my second and didn't want to bother anyone. My dd was born 26+6.

Def worth a call.

Jodie1982 Wed 10-Dec-14 22:05:15

I'd give em a call Hun just to be sure. I had the same at 22wks, went in for a quick check up, all was okay. Good luck

blackwidow74 Wed 10-Dec-14 22:19:38

The fact you are worried is enough to say get checked out ... braxtins should never be so strong you need to breathe through them and shouldn't last for more than a couple hours, easing off with rest ... ring now!@

PatMullins Wed 10-Dec-14 22:30:09

Ok I'm going to have a bath to see if that eases anything and then I will call them. Thank you everyone!

UntamedByName Wed 10-Dec-14 22:46:45

OP, that sounds worryingly like preterm labour to me. I'd recommend calling triage ASAP and telling them exactly what you told us, including the back and front cramping. I wouldn't have a bath, in case there's any chance your cervix is open. I hope I'm wrong and just being alarmist, but I went into labour at 29 weeks at my experience was not dissimilar to what you're experiencing now. Keep us updated flowers

plantsitter Wed 10-Dec-14 22:49:26

Definitely call now if you are rhesus -. I'm sure it's fine but not worth the risk.

divingoffthebalcony Wed 10-Dec-14 22:50:15

Don't wait - I would call ASAP. You have a bunch of worrying symptoms all happening at once.

ohdearitshappeningtome Wed 10-Dec-14 22:52:12

Agreed! Just take paracetamol remember the time and phone them!

curiousgeorgie Wed 10-Dec-14 22:58:14

Yes, don't have a bath, I would ring now.

RJnomore Wed 10-Dec-14 23:02:53

Phone now.

It sounds very like my preterm labour.

They'd rather see you and it isn't than things progress at home if it is.

Right now!

I thought I had a urine infection.

BigCatFace Wed 10-Dec-14 23:50:34

www.tommys.org/page.aspx?pid=997

You have most of these signs. Please call them OP. Hope everything will be ok c

ohdearitshappeningtome Thu 11-Dec-14 06:30:19

How did you get on op?

Jodie1982 Thu 11-Dec-14 10:08:07

Hope your okay OP? Pls update us when u can Hun. X

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Thu 11-Dec-14 10:11:30

Get yourself to hospital ASAP. ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry and if you are in pre term labour then steroids given before birth make a massive massive difference.
It could just be a UTI but if I were you I would really get it checked now. Good luck

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Thu 11-Dec-14 10:12:14

Oh I've just seen this was written last night. Hope all is ok op

PatMullins Thu 11-Dec-14 10:38:18

Morning everyone!
Thanks again for your replies- the pink discharge stopped last night and I managed to get some sleep with the help of some paracetamol and a hot water bottle

I feel "achey" this morning but no more waves of cramping and DP is on hand in case I need to go in, I've also got a little bag ready to go

ohdearitshappeningtome Thu 11-Dec-14 10:47:21

I suggest you read up on preterm labour.

And shows in pregnancy.

And ring the midwife for advice! That's why she's there

Radish9 Thu 11-Dec-14 10:48:01

You really should give them a call. If there's ANY chance that you're threatening preterm delivery, you need to be given steroid injections to mature baby's lungs. They give 2,12 hours apart, so the earlier you get it in the better, if you go into established labour it'll likely be too late for them to work. The steroids make a huge difference to baby's survival and health afterwards.

WowserBowser Thu 11-Dec-14 10:49:59

I agree with pps - call them!

WiggleGinger Thu 11-Dec-14 10:58:32

Did you call them??

blackwidow74 Thu 11-Dec-14 11:15:53

Still give midwife a call and tell her all that happened ... she will need to check you over in case it is preterm labour, even if stopped, it could go up a gear if happens again. Better to be safe than sorry ... A couple hours monitoring and an examination is nothing to worry about in comparison x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now