Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Exercise - no motivation at all - any tips?!

(5 Posts)
supersupersupershock Wed 10-Dec-14 17:31:24

Am 7+5 and just can't seem to get any exercise at all. I haven't left the house for two days - although to be honest I got ready to go out yesterday but morning sickness took over and changed my mind. I used to go to gym regularly but changed into a couch potato sad

Am looking at some pregnancy workout dvds on amazon - when its freezing outside can do this inside smile

LIG1979 Wed 10-Dec-14 18:23:59

I found that I couldn't really exercise around that point but got back into it once the morning sickness started to improve. That said when the morning sickness was a bit better I found gentle exercise (e.g. A walk or easy cycle) helped get rid of the nausea temporarily.

supersupersupershock Thu 11-Dec-14 09:09:04

I think I am going to have to order some dvds.. exercise ones. I feel so unfit but too cold to go out.

MinnesotaNice Thu 11-Dec-14 10:29:18

I couldn't make it out at all during my first trimester either. Was too sick all the time! Now I'm at 37 weeks and still go to the gym about 4 times a week. I think it's been really good as this is my third pregnancy but I haven't gain nearly as much weight as with the first 2.

My motivation is that I only allow myself to download an episode of some shows I like to watch if I go to the gym.

supersupersupershock Thu 11-Dec-14 12:02:51

Wow, 4 times a week is amazing Minne! This is my second but first one was 11 years ago. I'm an old bird now too! Thinking of swimming but I know its bloody freezing down there.. and germs.. ew!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now