Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Possible labour??

(6 Posts)
kwebbi14 Wed 10-Dec-14 16:24:22

Hi again!

*Reasonably descriptive post!*

I had some stringy green/yellow substance in my pad yesterday and a little more this morning. Normally any discharge is healthy and has been either side of this.

For the last week I've had lots of lower pressure pushing towards my bottom and period like cramps and lots more braxtons.

Had a routine midwife appointment today and she said it sounds like it could be a show and to monitor it over 24 hours and if it continues to contact maternity triage..

She's also been head down for about 6 weeks. I'm 31 weeks pregnant and measuring at 31.5, so that's all ok.

Any ladies been in a similar position?

Many thanks!

blackwidow74 Wed 10-Dec-14 17:44:30

Does sound like your plug but those can 'fall out' any number of weeks before labour starts ... It sounds like you are lumbering up nicely for the event though smile obviously still very early so if the BH get really frequent and uncomfortable definitely head for the hospital for a check up sooner rather than later smile

Jodie1982 Wed 10-Dec-14 20:32:19

I think it's just normal pregnancy pains Hun. I'm 30+4 with baby no.5 and been experiencing the same, very strong Braxtons all week that have taken my breath away at times.
If u start experiencing strong period type pains quite regularly then do call Maternity Triage Hun.

UntamedByName Wed 10-Dec-14 22:56:26

OP, I had similar at 29 weeks and went into preterm labour shortly afterwards (previously a problem-free pregnancy). This is not to say that it'll be the case for you, but the period-type pains + discharge would worry me. I'm glad you saw a midwife today, but please do call maternity triage and tell them what you told us.

kwebbi14 Thu 11-Dec-14 14:44:30

Thanks ladies, everything has eased up today it I'm keeping an eye on things.

Thanks again! smile

UntamedByName Thu 11-Dec-14 16:26:05

Thanks for the update, OP - I'm glad it's eased up! Don't hesitate to go and get it checked out if you have the slightest worry about it - always better safe than sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now