Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When should you start to show?

(9 Posts)
freshlysharpenedpencils Wed 10-Dec-14 13:45:58

Is it possible to show at 2 months? Or does it just mean I'm fat?
2nd baby. sad

donkir Wed 10-Dec-14 14:01:37

With my 2nd I showed very early on and this seems to be normal with 2nd pg. I do think mine was mainly bloating though at least in the first 3 months.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Wed 10-Dec-14 14:33:56

Glad you said that donkir, I am currently 10 weeks with DC2 and huge! I think it's probably because I only had DD 12 months ago and nothing has gone back yet confused. I was still in my size 8 jeans at my 20 week scan last time sad.

donkir Wed 10-Dec-14 14:35:46

Same here Gottobe. I'm now 32 weeks and no bigger than anyone else at same stage so it does settle down.

weeblueberry Wed 10-Dec-14 14:35:59

There's no should with it. But what I would say is before 3 months if you have a sizeable bump it's likely to be bloating which will probably go down and you'll have a month or two of breathing room before the real bump grows!!

freshlysharpenedpencils Wed 10-Dec-14 15:28:37

Thanks everyone. I was mortified. Had a Caesarean last time - didn't think I was showing. But told I am... As the baby is size of a raspberry thought I must be just a fatty fat fat.

Kungpowkitten76 Wed 10-Dec-14 16:50:11

I am 11 weeks on Friday and i go from looking quite slim to looking like a massive fatty. Think its just bloating. Looking forward to a real bump!

supersupersupershock Wed 10-Dec-14 17:42:37

I'm only coming up for 8 weeks and I am a fatty boom boom.. well I was a size 10, but I suffer with IBS, stopped meds because of pregnancy so by the end of the day I look about 4 months pregnant.. sigh. Uncomfortable too sad

LIG1979 Wed 10-Dec-14 18:22:05

Both pregnancies I got lots of bloating and looked quite pregnant early on. (This time people guessed at 9 weeks.) But then the bloating went down by 12 weeks and I then looked alot less pregnant for a few weeks before I got my real bump.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now