Talk

Advanced search

23 weeks and still being sick :0(

(6 Posts)
zannary Wed 10-Dec-14 07:55:12

Can anyone offer any advice?

I'm 23+2 and have been feeling sick since early August. Every now and then I get this overwhelming feeling that I'm going to be sick, I get stomach pains and projectile vomit for a few minutes. I won't be sick for a week or so after then it comes back again.

I don't know what to do and if I hear another person say "have you tried ginger or peppermint" I'm going to explode! I've tried everything! I'm always being told "it passes after about 14/17/20 wks" stop moving the goal post!!! Am I just going to suffer throughout?

I've been told I'm overdoing it (up at 5:30am and some days don't get home until 8pm) I work as a carer so if I don't work I don't get paid.

I've just had 3 weeks off for a holiday and 90% of the time felt great. now I'm back at work I feel awful again.

I would be so grateful for any advice.

Fruityflapjack Wed 10-Dec-14 08:02:23

Oh no hmm I am so sorry your having such a horrid time. I've no real ideas, someone will be along in a bit I'm sure but sending lots of sympathy thanks

ignominious Wed 10-Dec-14 08:04:52

I had hyperemesis till 26 weeks and after that I was just nauseous. Being tired made it a LOT worse though I needed to go to work and so do you. Would you not get any sick pay? You're soon at the point where any pregnancy related illness counts as the start of mat leave anyway which is no good. I would say spend all the time you're not at work in bed, that's what I did. It is miserable. Hope it eases off soon.

zannary Wed 10-Dec-14 08:13:59

I'm not entitled to any sick pay. I have to work my appointments/scans etc around work as well as I don't get paid for those either.

I'm usually sick at work and have mastered it so they don't notice and make a fuss!

On my days off I don't get up until late and really take it easy, it seems to help but I only get to do that once or twice a week.

espa Wed 10-Dec-14 08:45:05

I was sick from 6 weeks until I finished work at 33.5 weeks, every morning I had work without fail and nauseous most of the day (except for a few weeks at week 16 where I improved). I tended not to be sick at weekends or days where I was able to get up later, as tiredness and having to get ready quickly in morning definitely impacted me.

Unfortunately some people do just suffer throughout although agree the 'I thought it stopped at x weeks' is very annoying. Have you spoken to your gp?

zannary Wed 10-Dec-14 09:02:57

seems I'm suffering the same! its just so frustrating, I have a few friends due around the same time and they seem to be fine. No sickness, no aches or pains!

my gp gave me anti sickness tablets at the beginning but they didn't work and then I was told to book a few weeks off work. As I had time off for a holiday I waited for that and it seemed to do the trick, now I'm back at work so is the sickness!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now