Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

how much brown blood is normal

(9 Posts)
PebbleTTC Tue 09-Dec-14 22:30:13

Hi everyone, 6w 3d and Iv had brown blood since last Friday, it's there every time I wipe sometimes there are tiny clots and other times It's mucusy (sp). Is this normal? This is all day every day.

thesmallbear Wed 10-Dec-14 06:43:58

Brown blood is usually ok as it's old, but if you are passing clots this needs to be checked out. Go and see your GP and get a referral to the Early Pregnancy Unit (EPU) at the hospital for a scan.

Thatsmyboys Wed 10-Dec-14 06:45:49

It's probs old blood from implantation. I had this and ended up having an early private scan for reassurance as the hospital were no help. Brown blood is usually ok x

PebbleTTC Wed 10-Dec-14 07:01:03

Thanks for the replies. I had a scan last Tuesday with the EPU because I had one night of red blood but not due to go back until next Tuesday for viability scan but all this brown blood is making me so worried I'm having bad dreams every night because of it. Do you think I should wait for next week's appointment or try get one sooner

Sunandrainbow Wed 10-Dec-14 19:15:39

Hi Pebble, I would go and get it checked out to set your mind at rest. good luck. X

thesmallbear Thu 11-Dec-14 07:32:25

I OP, the EPU need to leave it a week between scans to check if there has been the expected amount of growth in that week. This helps them to determine if the pregnancy is viable.

Did you get a heartbeat last time? It's boarder line whether you would or not at six weeks, but hopefully you will at seven weeks.

If you start bleeding more than your usual period or passing larger clots, you need to go back sooner.

FX for you flowers

PebbleTTC Thu 11-Dec-14 07:53:52

I have a scan in 40 mins I'm 6w 5 days today so hopefully they will see something. I feel sick with worry

UpNorth74 Thu 11-Dec-14 13:03:21

How did it go Pebble?

PebbleTTC Thu 11-Dec-14 16:16:43

Everything is ok, saw the heartbeat and they gave us a pic from the ultrasound! So relieved! Iv been put on innohep injections and aspirin due to having Blood clot before

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now