Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this my mucus plug?

(6 Posts)
christmasmammy Tue 09-Dec-14 20:15:34

Sorry to sound a bit graphic and possibly disgusting but it's first baby and I'm unsure.

I'm 5 days from due date and when I went to the toilet an hour or so ago I had what looked like two bogies in my normal discharge. They were only a couple of centimetres long and quite greenish but a lot thicker than usual. literally looked like two snots (really sorry if tmi) blush

Is this part of my mucus plug coming away?

Northumberlandlass Tue 09-Dec-14 20:18:21

Not sure. Could be I guess or some of it.
My plug came away in one go, it was the size of my palm & like a giant bloody oyster (TMI)

CarbeDiem Tue 09-Dec-14 21:05:14

It could be, mine sounded like what you describe, as in snotty but it was streaked pink/red.
I got that for a few days then a big lump of it a few days after that.

christmasmammy Wed 10-Dec-14 10:33:35

Think it must have been! went to the toilet this morning and lost a huge blood streaked slimy snot.

Finally things are moving in the right direction grin
Thank you!

GailLondon Wed 10-Dec-14 11:29:19

Yes that sounds like it! I went into labour a couple of days after losing mine! good luck x

StetsonsAreCool Wed 10-Dec-14 11:32:49

Great news! I've been having contractions since Monday (discovered during monitoring for fetal movements, couldn't feel them otherwise), and every time I go to the loo now I'm wiping away globs of gloop. It's green rather than pinkish, but I'm hopeful that will come at some point.

Good luck fsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now