Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Swelling

(4 Posts)
MrsCK Tue 09-Dec-14 19:34:01

I had a midwife appointment last week where there was a trace of protein in my urine. Midwife wasn't too concerned but asked about swelling. I explained it goes down at night but over the last few days I've had really bad swelling in my ankles and hands too.
I have a scan on Thursday. should I mention it then or phone the maternity ward now?

Firstpregnancy2014 Tue 09-Dec-14 19:56:07

Definitely mention it
I had a midwives appointment 5 weeks ago with a trace of protein and swelling but midwife wasn't concerned
3 weeks ago I went back cause I felt unwell - got sent straight to the day unit- turns out I had developed pre- clampsia and 48 hours later I had my baby in my arms at 38 weeks. It's best to get checked smile

MrsCK Tue 09-Dec-14 20:49:16

Hmm ok thanks. I'll call them tomorrow if there's still swelling

Murphy29 Tue 09-Dec-14 20:55:37

Definitely get checked. I was really swollen for weeks (rings stuck etc) but everything else fine and then between a Friday and Monday I went from no protein to a lot of protein in urine and had DS the next day at 35 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now