Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

C section booked for the 29th, what to do for 3 weeks?

(11 Posts)
Babyleopard23 Tue 09-Dec-14 18:43:56

So 2 weeks and 5 days to go... (Not that I'm counting or anything!)
This is mine and DH first DC and we are extremely excited grin

I was curious to see if anyone had any good ideas what to spend my last weeks doing before our DS comes (Minus sleeping and preparing baby things as i have done this a million times now!)

Any suggestions much appreciated as I'm driving DH insane getting impatient.

couldbeanyone Tue 09-Dec-14 18:49:32

Cook and freeze food, and get in some ingredients for easy meals like pasta, this will be a godsend in the early weeks!

woodwaj Tue 09-Dec-14 21:09:26

Agree with the batch cooking! Book a table for a meal out?

TinyMonkey Tue 09-Dec-14 21:37:01

I batch cooked, sat around doing very little, read a lot, went for long lazy daytime swims in an empty pool (right up to the day before), matinees at the cinema.

Bear in mind that you may be quite incapacitated right afterwards, so make sure you have things organised to make life easier from the off.

Good luck. My c-section was a week ago, and it's been an amazing but also challenging seven days.

EstRusMum Wed 10-Dec-14 00:02:10

I have 3 weeks and 3 days till mine... Also - not counting at all. grin
Luckily I have older DS to take care of, otherwise I'd go mental.
Have you done the Christmas shopping/wrapping/decorating? It's a good way to fill the day. Maybe even 2... Cooking. Huge clean up is never a bad thing.
Or be lazy and watch some film you haven't seen yet/read a book you'd like to read. wink

Babyleopard23 Wed 10-Dec-14 04:58:40

Thanks for all the great suggestions!
I am going to get Christmas shopping and wrapping done this week so that should pass some time. I will definitely be doing some cooking and freezing too I hadn't thought of that!

Tinymonkey- hope you are pain free very soon! I'm getting a bit nervous about recovery and looking after baby but I'm sure it will all be fine!

Estrusmum- glad I'm not the only one counting down! I will be exactly 38 weeks when I go in so I'm trying to be grateful that I won't have an extra 4 weeks to wait til 42 weeks like one of my Dfriends just did!grin

BikeRunSki Wed 10-Dec-14 05:12:37

Cinema
Swimming
Any little jobs yiu want to do before you retire eg; sorting out photos, tidying cupboards - this is your last chance.
Haircut

BikeRunSki Wed 10-Dec-14 05:13:41

Also, investigate mum/baby groups.

butternut22 Wed 10-Dec-14 08:46:42

Box sets
Reading
Long baths
Cinema

cantmakecarrotcake Wed 10-Dec-14 18:35:29

Yes to hair cut. And dentist.

Any paperwork that needs sorting - tax return was top of my list.

Get nails done and have a facial?

Any hobbies you want to make the most of while you can?

My 40+12 section is next Weds and I'm nearly running out of stuff to keep me busy having done all of the above!

freelancegirl Wed 10-Dec-14 20:25:54

Mine is booked for the 23rd so we are currently working out how to make Christmas special for our toddler, bearing in mind I might not be home by the 25th.

I would say see friends if possible, go for lunches and dinner just the two of you and definitely the cinema. Oh and all that practical stuff in terms of sorting out clothes etc but I haven't done that either yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now