Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

First appointment with the midwife - what to expect?

(6 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Tue 09-Dec-14 16:05:40

Hello ladies,

I received a letter today telling me I've got my first appointment with the midwife on 23rd Dec.

Would really like to be advised on what to expect?

They haven't written much besides its going to take approx 2hrs for the appointment.

Would be helpful of any advice from you all on what I should be expecting in this appointment.

Thank you in advance xx

GotToBeInItToWinIt Tue 09-Dec-14 16:12:58

Well nothing exciting unfortunately smile. Lots and lots of form filling; medical history, family history etc. They'll weigh you, calculate BMI, take some bloods, quick discussion re where you want to give birth and that's about it! It's long and tedious.

dancinglorna1984 Tue 09-Dec-14 16:34:56

Is this the same as the booking appointment (1st pregnancy)? I have my first appointment this week and it is only a 20 minute appointment..

applecore0317 Tue 09-Dec-14 16:40:29

I had a group booking session that was two hours, was about pregnancy as a whole, where to get support, need to knows, appointments and stages etc, then my booking im appointment was about thirty mins, she took blood, weighed me, did the blood pressure and went through all the bits I had filled in regarding medical history and family history and that was about it

Swanny84 Tue 09-Dec-14 23:28:01

Oh my, I've got my first app next fri. Hoping it's not 2 hours. Had my pre booking app and was literally 5 mins.
From my last baby 6 years ago it was about 30 mins. Bloods done, quick chat about medical problems, info on smoking and diet etc. Good luck xx

pinkie1982 Thu 11-Dec-14 14:32:04

I had mine yesterday. It took an hour. Medical and family hx, blood test, urine sample, height, weight, birth centre option. Bounty pack given, yellow book started and given. Form given for the free prescription card and dental care. 16 week appt arranged. Just need to wait for the hospital to send the scan date now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now