Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Brown blood/discharge in early pregnancy.....should I be worried?

(17 Posts)
Cymrublonde1 Tue 09-Dec-14 13:40:10

Hi ladies,

I have so often found this forum so helpful for information and it makes me feel good at how supportive you all are of each other.

I have a beautiful daughter who will be 2 on Christmas Day (I know!! Lol).
We are pregnant on our second (7 weeks and a day) and I have been experiencing a very small amount of brown blood/discharge. We unfortunately had a miscarriage before having our daughter so although I have experienced that, this is very different. That was red blood and heavy like a period and I knew deep down exactly what was happening.

I have an appointment with EPU tomorrow afternoon and so from my previous experience, I suspect they will do a scan so that they can determine whether a miscarriage has taken place or is taking place.

The reason I am messaging in the group is because I feel as if everything is ok as I know that brown blood is old and that it can be completely normal and healthy in early pregnancy and can possibly be implantation bleeding. I just don’t want to think all ok and then have shock tomorrow, almost want to be prepared for each outcome.

Thank you for reading and appreciate any responses.

xxxxx

thesmallbear Tue 09-Dec-14 17:42:22

It'll more than likely be ok. I have had brown spotting and some cramping with this pregnancy. I had scans at six and eight weeks and all was well.

I had a loss in June, a MMC with bleeding, but the bleeding was more like a period and a dark red colour. Like you, I just feel more positive about this pregnancy, but you can't help but freak out a little bit after a previous loss. FX for you flowers

Mummywithlove Tue 09-Dec-14 17:43:11

if ur having no pain and the discharge is brown i really wouldnt worry, im sorry about ur previous lose (lost 3 myself so i know how worried u r) after my last mc i got caught straight away and i had brown discharge and im now currently 39 +4 grin i always prepared myself for the worst and finding out everything was ok was such a big relief had a big smile on my face for hours lol,so good luck tomorrow will be thinking of u x x

Cymrublonde1 Tue 09-Dec-14 18:01:49

Thank you so much for your responses girls! It is so hard isn't it as you naturally want to be positive but can't help but worry in pregnancy and more so a miscarriage has happened.
I am really sorry for your losses too but really pleased your pregnancies are going well now...
How are you feeling?

Thank you for your well wishes and I will let you know how tomorrow goes.
Xxx

Bumpandbaby2014 Tue 09-Dec-14 18:03:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cymrublonde1 Tue 09-Dec-14 18:11:26

Thank you bumpandbaby2014!
I promise to try! wink
I find it hard not to overthink things like I am not feeling sick, yet did on my daughter!! hmm But I also know that every pregnancy is different.... So hard having to wait isn't it xxx

Blanketontheground Tue 09-Dec-14 18:16:28

Brown blood is a good sign. I know the fear remains until you've had a scan but it all sounds positive to me. Brown blood could be implantation or hormones (if I'm
Right you should be due your period about now?) good luck. I had the same and I understand how awful the fear is. By the way, everything turned out fine for me but I often wonder why no one talks about this in real life. Thinking if you.

UpNorth74 Tue 09-Dec-14 18:37:34

Thank you for posting this Cymrublonde1 - I'm also a bit on edge about having brown bleeding. I've found the comments comforting and have given a little peace of mind.
All the best to you!

Cymrublonde1 Tue 09-Dec-14 20:03:30

Thank you also for your responses blanketontheground and upnorth74.
Yes it's almost impossible not to worry until you are told and can effectively see the baby on the scan.
Am hoping they can see by a normal scan as had to have an internal scan when we miscarried before as I was only 5 weeks.
Sending love to you all xx

eleanor73 Tue 09-Dec-14 22:02:12

i'm 6 weeks and have had the same thing for nearly a week. Went for a blood test to check hcg levels and got results today - still pregnant smile

Cymrublonde1 Wed 10-Dec-14 12:58:25

Ah that's great Eleanor73, congratulations!! grin Xxx

poly786 Wed 10-Dec-14 13:23:50

Can anyone pls help me.. I m just at my 12 week and I had a low lying placenta reaching os is it ok for me to have intercourse?

Emilyjane11 Wed 10-Dec-14 15:42:33

Just for some extra reassurance j had this at 7 weeks and went for a scan the same day and everything fine baby had a little heartbeat and all looked good so try not to worry too much. No one could tell me that when it was me though. 10 weeks now and anxious for my 12 week scan!

Cymrublonde1 Wed 10-Dec-14 18:30:27

Hi girls,

Just to let you know that today went well and we saw a tiny heartbeat.grin
They did say they could see the area where they feel the bleed came from and that I may get a bit more it it will just absorb back into body.
There was also some liquid around a certain star which could be from ovulation or an infection and they checked with the registrar in case any further checks were needed but he was happy to wait until 12 week scan xx

UpNorth74 Thu 11-Dec-14 12:46:48

That is fantastic news! It must have been incredible to see a tiny heartbeat!

Are you still bleeding? Mine seems to be on/off and slightly heavier with exercise, even gentle exercise. hmm I know midwives must get it all the time, but I don't want to bother them a second time with the same thing.

leanne963 Thu 11-Dec-14 13:02:13

Yay!! I am so happy for you!!

Cymrublonde1 Thu 11-Dec-14 17:26:14

Upnorth73, it really was, made it very real!! Lol, neither of us I don't think believed it until then!! Although we are still in shock!!
Don't be silly!! Yes they must get it all the time, but that's their job and they understand and if it gives you more reassurance you should speak to them.

Leanne963 thank you very much!!
Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now