Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I in early labour??

(5 Posts)
Purplesparkles87 Tue 09-Dec-14 10:40:07

Wondered if anyone could help! I am 39 weeks + 1 I've been getting period like pains and lower back pain on and off for over a week, every night I get a couple of what I think are contractions and then nothing, and increasingly more Braxton hicks but still no baby! :-( any ideas why things seem to be starting off and then stopping again? So desperate to get this baby out before Christmas!

Stripylikeatiger Tue 09-Dec-14 10:43:12

I had this with dc1 for ages, I had really regular contractions every night and then they just stopped in the morning, very annoying!

I hope your baby doesn't keep you waiting too much longer fsmile

Purplesparkles87 Tue 09-Dec-14 11:09:07

How long is ages? It's so frustrating!

Stripylikeatiger Tue 09-Dec-14 14:23:24

About 2 weeks sad very frustrating! But I got a lovely baby in the end. The countdown to Christmas whilst heavily pregnant is no fun at all!

Purplesparkles87 Tue 09-Dec-14 16:23:20

I know I just have to keep thinking it will all be worth it in the end. No it's not although the time off work means I've been very organised!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now