Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I pregnant or wishful thinking

(10 Posts)
Shelby2244 Mon 08-Dec-14 11:41:23

I had a implant in for just under 3 years my dh and I got it removed exactly 4 weeks ago to begin trying. So of course we've been very active. Now the last 2.5 weeks I've been absolutely exhausted, I've noticed my breasts have become bigger and slightly more tender, and extremely hormonal, crying for no reason that sort of thing, around my nipple is darker and the top bright pink. I am also bloated and more gassy then normal also cramping on my sides . Would you say this is just the reaction of the implant coming out, Evan though it's four weeks now or should I take a pregnancy test isso when. I thought maybe I could just be due a period but the symptoms arnt normally as strong as they've been and normally only come a day or two before

Swanny84 Mon 08-Dec-14 12:07:56

Can you go get a test? Obviously it could just be hormone changes due to implant but signs are also symptoms of pregnancy. I'd do a test to put your mind at ease either way. When I came off the pill I convinced myself I was pregnant but only my boobs were tender, you have a lot more symptoms than I did. Good luck. Would be awesome if you did fall that quickly as many people try for months xx

Shelby2244 Mon 08-Dec-14 14:00:39

Thank you smile I think I'm going to wait one more week then do a test so the results are more accurate but fingers crossed keep u posted smile

Swanny84 Mon 08-Dec-14 15:17:23

Good luck hun, I will keep everything crossed for you xxx

fishfingerSarnies Mon 08-Dec-14 15:20:33

When I came off the implant I got pregnant within a week I know because I went away for two months from dh and found out I was pregnant while away. So it can happen. Good luck. X

Shelby2244 Mon 08-Dec-14 15:38:10

Oh wow :D hopefully I'll be the same, trying not to get my hopes up just incase but really hope I am

Shelby2244 Mon 08-Dec-14 15:40:48

The other thing is my temperature has been so high recently I don't if that's a symptom?

IssMc Mon 08-Dec-14 15:49:43

Maybe it is just hormones rebalancing or something but it does sound just how I felt when I was convinced I was pregnant. I had less symptoms and husband and I had only had risky sex once! I found it utterly impossible waiting to know. A lovely pharmacist (at a branch of Lloyds) found me a pregnancy test that can work seven days before your period is due. There were two in the pack so I used one straight away (far too early) and one the next day. There was the faintest line imaginable so i went back for more but I didn't really need to as false positives are really really rare and as the pharmacist said 'A faint line is all you need!' I'm now 21 weeks! Fingers crossed for you! How exciting!

Shelby2244 Mon 08-Dec-14 16:23:39

Awwsmile , that's the issue in having because I heard u should wait 19 days to take the test or until after ure period is due but because I had the implant I don't no when I'm due so I'll try and find the test like your one I think, thanks for the help smile

fishfingerSarnies Tue 09-Dec-14 11:06:07

Do come back and tell us. Good luck. Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now