Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ridiculously dry skin esp on face - 17 weeks

(11 Posts)
whothefuckhas5children Sun 07-Dec-14 20:35:46

Today I've moisturised my face 6 times as well as putting bepanthen shock directly on my face!!
It's still dry hmm
I remember this with one of my children but I can't remember if it goes away or if I need to change my moisturiser.
Am currently using dermalogica age smart.

Anyone else with this that can shed any light or share any tips?

gargalesis Sun 07-Dec-14 20:58:49

Following with interest, I'm exactly the same. My forehead is literally flaking, it's gross. Nothing I have tried works!

TheOriginalWinkly Sun 07-Dec-14 21:07:24

Bathing with e45 oil helped ease all the dryness from the neck down. E45 cream might help your face too.

You have my sympathy. This was another crappy thing about pregnancy I'd forgotten about

scarletforya Sun 07-Dec-14 21:09:27

That happened to me while pregnant. Aveeno worked for me.

MissHobart Mon 08-Dec-14 08:17:16

Me too, very very dry skin, eczema on my back has returned after over a decade hmm My scalp is so dry and flaky I've stopped washing my hair! I'm going through moisturiser by the bucket load! Think I'll give a bath in E45 oil a go!

nobeer Mon 08-Dec-14 08:26:55

I think cold weather exacerbates it too. I'm 39 weeks but my skin hss definitely worsened over the last few weeks. Make sure you're drinking enough too. I know I tend to drink less when it's cold. Oh, and another vote for aveeno from me!

AdamLambsbreath Mon 08-Dec-14 14:41:36

I have this, and I'm 17 weeks too - my face isn't too bad but my shoulders and back are sooooo dry and my lower lip is constantly flaky (grim). I'm covered in little red dots because my skin's cross.

E45 cream is great (get the cream not the lotion, it's heavier) - I've also tried mixing 50/50 Vaseline and E45 for serious face cream. It works but it' greasy. Now I use a spray-on oil before my moisturiser on my face and cover myself in BioOil morning and night.

If you wash your face twice a day usually, you could try doing one wash just with water rather than cleanser/ face wash.

I hope it stops soon!

whothefuckhas5children Mon 08-Dec-14 20:01:39

Sorry to abandon my own thread!
I use elave in the shower (specially for exzema) and Aveeno afterwards when I remember
I'll give it more welly with the body lotion.
I woke up several times last night to put some cream on my face and it was great today (but it was with a very expensive cream and I can't do that for the next 22.5 weeks)

GnomieGrace Mon 08-Dec-14 20:08:57

I have it bad on my hands and a little on my cheeks!

ILiveOnABuildsite Mon 08-Dec-14 22:07:42

I have very dry skin at the best of time, during pregnancy it's so much worst. I use moisturiser while still in the shower and again after coming out. E45 or Nivea works well for me. Obviously no scented shower gels but also I use special no scent shampoo because when I wash my hair I could see patches on my face and neck where the shampoo had touched my skin so I had to change it.

teejayem Tue 09-Dec-14 09:18:11

I have a really itchy flaky scalp and my face feels like sandpaper. I've been using the body shop's ginger shampoo and a thick layer of night cream every evening, if only to make my skin reasonably smooth enough to put foundation onto it.... nightmare...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now