Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

movements not as strong?

(4 Posts)
KnackeredMerrily Sun 07-Dec-14 09:06:47

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and having a bit of a funny morning. Awake at 6 and lay in bed for an hour, didn't really feel much, so I started to panic. Got up, did some chores and dashed around for another hour and didn't feel anything.

Back to bed, on my left side and I am at last feeling a lot of kicks. Can't decide if it's not as strong as normal? He's always been incredibly active, kicking me hundreds of times a day. This morning I didn't feel right and was scared. Just not sure if I have spooked myself or if he is a little less pushy than normal.

I think I've stressed myself out too much. I'm due to be induced tomorrow due to slow growth so I am obviously extra cautious, but similarly I don't want to spend hours being checked out when I could do with the day for last minute things.

Just can't decide if I am being risky by not phoning triage, or daft turning up when I know the trace will show 30 movements!!

QueenOfGeeks Sun 07-Dec-14 09:14:20

I had similar with my dd a few months ago. I did go down to the day assessment unit to get checked (they really don't mind and would rather be safe than sorry). All was well, but as I was due to be induced in 2 days they brought it forward and did it the next day. All was fine and dd is now 3 months old.

I would say phone them as it will put your mind at rest. Once I had thought something was wrong I don't think I would have been able to get it out of my head if I hadn't.

hopefull2424 Sun 07-Dec-14 09:21:02

I was induced early for slow growth with my son and had exactly the same as you describe. I didn't want to spend my last day at hospital but my dh as adamant I ring and go down so I did. I was glad I did the trace was good and he was moving but they did induce as it was reduced and they said better to be safe. I would call them hun xxc

KnackeredMerrily Sun 07-Dec-14 10:29:55

Thanks everyone, so exhausted I fell asleep for an hour. blush

Woke up and feel back to normal with him. Going to keep an extra close eye on him and if at any point I am concerned I will go straight in.

Thank you so much for your advice and reassurance flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now