Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 weeks pregnant & have cramps. Had 2 miscarriages already...

(8 Posts)
sarah0307 Sat 06-Dec-14 23:08:28

Hi ladies. I'm a mum of 2 gorgeous boys (11 & 4 years old). Am about 6 weeks pregnant and have got cramps which feel like period pains. I had 2 miscarriages this year one after the other and the cramps felt like period pains then too. When I twist or move quickly etc I get sharp shooting pains. Has anyone else had similar??? Am petrified I'm going to miscarry again ������

LittleBairn Sat 06-Dec-14 23:12:43

I've been very crampy in all my pregnancies so to me cramps are normal but I'm not so sure about them getting worse if you move. Although do sound like pelvic ligament pain from the joints softening, mst people don't get t tat early but ifthisbis your 3rd pregnancy in a year that might be why.
I've had two late MC so I know that feeling of second guessing every twinge, I just called Maternity assessment over trapped wind! blush

sarah0307 Sat 06-Dec-14 23:16:06

Did you lol sounds like me! It's an amazing thing being pregnant but also incredibly worrying. The cramps don't get worse they actually ease up....it's mild. It's a shooting pain. How many weeks are you?

LittleBairn Sat 06-Dec-14 23:33:08

sarah I'm 21 weeks but still very high risk had cervical stitch put in on Tuesday. The shooting pain sounds very much like PGP pain. I'm always very crampy early on but that doesn't make it any easire to relax.

sarah0307 Sat 06-Dec-14 23:50:07

Congrats huni. Do you know what your having? How long did cramps go on for you? I had SPD with my youngest son....ouch!

LittleBairn Sun 07-Dec-14 01:32:13

We don't know for certain but I'm sure its a boy. My cramps lasted until about 9-10 weeks. I've heard that if you have a history of SPD that you tend to get it earlier in next pregnancy, I've certainly found it to be true.

sarah0307 Sun 07-Dec-14 08:36:05

We're the cramps constant? Yes I've heard that too. Doesn't feel like SPD yet though

LittleBairn Sun 07-Dec-14 11:15:43

Yes pretty much regular every day occurrence. In my 2nd pregnancy I had a placenta Hematoma I had two huge hemorages (harmless but scary) didn't have a single cramp!
Do you have an EPU? With your history I'm sure they would be fine with scanning you early if you have discomfort and feel worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now