Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

shoe size in pregancy. will i ever fit into my old shoes again?

(20 Posts)
silverandblack Sat 06-Dec-14 16:40:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

silverandblack Sat 06-Dec-14 16:42:12

MillionairesShortbread Sat 06-Dec-14 16:44:37

I had some of the water retention go down after giving birth, so not as big as I was those last few weeks...... BUT after 2 births I'm a proper half size bigger than I was and can't fit into my pre DD1 shoes or boots at all.

I was 5.5, swelled up to 7ish I guess, I just wore flip flops the last 2 weeks!! And now I'm a permanent 6.

AuntieStella Sat 06-Dec-14 16:45:27

Best answer, I'm afraid, is maybe.

My feet widened during PG and never really went back. (First PG, that is. They didn't grow more every time).

Honeybear30 Sat 06-Dec-14 16:45:42

I went up a size at about 35 weeks. I didn't go out for about two weeks after I had baby at 37 weeks but I did put my ordinary shoes back on straight away. I didn't even realise and this thread has made me think of it! I only bought a couple of emergency pairs of pumps at the time to see me through smile I was lucky though and also back in my pre pregnancy clothes within a couple of weeks. I assume I was lucky with my feet to?!

tumbletumble Sat 06-Dec-14 16:46:20

I was a 6 before I got pregnant. I went up to size 9 at the worst - I had terrible swollen feet and ankles! Now I'm a permanent 7.

FaFoutis Sat 06-Dec-14 16:46:26

I used to be a size 7, 4 pregnancies later I'm a size 9 (youngest DC is 5). My body is the same size as before. My feet just kept getting bigger and have stayed that way unfortunately.

Honeybear30 Sat 06-Dec-14 16:46:32

Yep looks like it was luck according to the pp's.

Showy Sat 06-Dec-14 16:47:33

My feet are bigger post pregnancy. The swelling went down and actually, some of my old shoes fit, but my feet are wider (quite common) so some shoes I've given up on entirely.

cathpip Sat 06-Dec-14 16:48:42

After three pregnancies with awful water retention and dreadful fat feet. My feet have never returned to their pre pregnancy size, they are a little wider and a size larger. You could be lucky, and if not happy shoe shopping smile

carlywurly Sat 06-Dec-14 16:51:12

I went from a 7 to about an 8.25. Utter pain in the arse as often the largest size of the shoes I want to buy pinch slightly. If I'd had dainty feet beforehand I probably wouldn't have minded. Nobody tells you about that side effect grin

FaFoutis Sat 06-Dec-14 16:52:30

Amazon warehouse is good for cheap boots if you don't want to spend too much OP. There seem to be lots of returns after black friday week.

silverandblack Sat 06-Dec-14 17:19:59

babyblabber Sat 06-Dec-14 18:06:10

Takes me nearly a year but both times I've eventually gone back to my normal size (3!)!

Rockchick1984 Sat 06-Dec-14 23:56:36

I've gone up half a size each pregnancy and they never shrank back down - my ankles retained water but my feet didn't, they had genuinely grown sad

elQuintoConyo Sun 07-Dec-14 00:06:24

I had great big elephant feet during my pregnancy and have gained half/one shoe size (depending on the shoe). Son is 3yo. I have just gone through boxes of dressy shoes I have had for y-e-a-r-s and thought, "hang on... damnit, they don't fit". My DSil has inherited 8 pairs of very funky shoes sad

DramaAlpaca Sun 07-Dec-14 00:23:16

Mine swelled during my first pregnancy, but went back down to my normal size of 7.5 quite quickly if I remember correctly. They didn't swell at all during my next two pregnancies.

Pico2 Sun 07-Dec-14 00:55:14

I think there are two ways that your feet grow, one is swelling due to water retention. The other is the ligaments in your feet relaxing due to the relaxin in your body. I'm not sure if one or other results in permanent growth.

I was a small 5 before I had DD. I might have been a 4.5. My size 5s fitted me again once she was born, so it isn't inevitable that you won't get back to your old size.

cheesecakemom Sun 07-Dec-14 08:44:43

I didn't have to buy new shoes after DD. I'm a 5 and my 4.5 still fit me as well. Most of my shoes didn't fit during pregnancy and I suffered immensely with hip pain. My feet would always swell.

CurlyLocks87 Sun 07-Dec-14 08:49:56

Pre pregnancy I was a size 6, I'm now a size 7!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now