Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

7 weeks and no symptoms

(21 Posts)
Pipbin Sat 06-Dec-14 09:25:11

I'm pregnant for the first time after 4 years and 3 IVF so as you can imagine I am very anxious about this pregnancy.
I'm 7+1 and I seem to have no symptoms. My boobs have stopped being sore and the period like pains have stopped. I have had a little queasiness in the morning but nothing serious.
I have a scan on Tuesday but please tell me some stories of how you had no symptoms at all but had a happy and healthy baby.
I keep reminding myself that I had a friend who didn't know she was pregnant until 10 weeks.

luckythirteen Sat 06-Dec-14 09:33:07

Hi Pipbin, I had barely any symptoms (and still don't at 10+2) but so far on two scans everything has been perfectly fine (and it's twins!!). I have had no nausea or sickness, no cramping/bleeding, and my boobs stopped hurting after about week 6 or so. Like you I had IVF and each stage that we get through it is hard to relax and believe. Wishing you well for Tuesday.

HangingInAGruffaloStance Sat 06-Dec-14 09:33:50

I didn't have symptoms so early on. I never really got morning sickness, just a few hours of slight queasiness the whole pregnancy. I even posted on here for reassurance. I had a healthy, happy pregnancy. Now I have a three year old grabbing my computer!

No period is a symptom.

Pipbin Sat 06-Dec-14 09:38:11

Thank you ladies. My worry is that I'm in Gestone injections which would prevent any bleeding even if I had lost it.

I know this is stupid and there is no point in guessing, but you know how it is. This wait is worse than the last 4 years.

Hoggle246 Sat 06-Dec-14 09:38:45

Another reassurance here. For the first few weeks my boobs felt like they were exploding, that went completely between 6-8 weeks. I didn't really have morning sickness at all, although weirdly felt most sick between 3-4 months when it's tailing off for a lot of people. Didn't get cravings or bloated or heartburn etc etc. I also didn't get the awful tiredness I heard so much about. Looking back I didn't realise how lucky I was, but as you obviously also feel, sometimes symptoms are reassuring!

Are you going to the loo lots? That was one thing I did have, probably until around 8-10 weeks I think.

My ds is almost 1 now and I can't believe it! All was perfectly fine, so just try to relax grin and enjoy having a peaceful start to pregnancy.

chloechloe Sat 06-Dec-14 09:41:24

Hey pipbin I know you from the berry thread! Please try not to worry (easier said than done, I know, after all you've been through). I'm nearly 25 weeks pg after IVF, with a heathy baby and have had the easiest pregnancy ever, to the point where I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen her moving around during the scans. I didn't have any symptoms at all, apart from feeling tired at the beginning (probably due to my underactive thyroid), then from 10-14 weeks I had very mild nausea that went away if I ate regularly. It really doesn't mean anything at all, just count yourself as one of the lucky ones. It's probably well deserved after all you've been through!

gingerbreadmam Sat 06-Dec-14 09:41:46

bit of a flip side but i had my worst day of morning sickness at 8+6 and went for a scan next day and was bad news. i was sure i ws fine due to how bad i had felt the previous day

suppose what im trying to say is try not to worry about symptoms too much everything will be well im sure smile but i know how worried you must be.

wishing you all the best!

chloechloe Sat 06-Dec-14 09:51:37

Just seen your last post. I'm not sure that taking progesterone would necessarily prevent bleeding if the worst were to happen, as I think the hormone levels plummet so much that even the medication won't stop it. I was taking progesterone before my IVF to try to regulate my cycles and bled quite a few times whilst I was taking it. Would it be possible for you to have an early scan for reassurance, as from 7/8 weeks you should be able to see that little heartbeat! Might be worth paying for it privately rather than worrying to death until 12 weeks.

Pipbin Sat 06-Dec-14 09:53:20

Sorry to hear that ginger. Thank you though. It does illustrate the issue well. Symptoms are fairly meaningless.

Pipbin Sat 06-Dec-14 09:54:42

chloe. I've got a scan Tuesday. I should be thankful really. Another woman at my work is in hospital with her morning sickness!

leanne963 Sat 06-Dec-14 10:07:14

My symptoms are really faint. I'm 16 weeks and have had only mild nausea, tiredness and slightly tender boobs now and then. Some people just don't get lots of symptoms. My mum didn't find out she was pregnant with me until she was 6 months gone. So it is possible! smile
I wish you all the best for your scan on tuesday!!!

ilovelamp82 Sat 06-Dec-14 10:09:07

I didn't have symptoms until 8 weeks and was worried. As soon as 8 weeks hit, I definitely missed having no symptoms.

You'll be fine. Enjoy it while it lasts. Congratulations!

gingerbreadmam Sat 06-Dec-14 10:45:47

also to add my baby had stopped developing at 5 weeks so by my 9 week scan had already stopped 5 weeks before my symptoms continued till about 10 / 11 weeks. thank as well.

Sourdough123 Sat 06-Dec-14 11:56:03

Hi Pipbin I am 7+2 and like you no symptoms at all. Nada. Each day I wake up really hoping I will feel sick, how crazy is that?! Trying not to worry but it's impossible. Best of luck for your scan on Tuesday, I have mine the following week.

Pipbin Sat 06-Dec-14 15:28:34

Thanks Sour. Its crazy isn't it, wishing for sickness.
Good luck for your scan.

MuddyWellyNelly Sat 06-Dec-14 18:14:27

Pipbin like you I'm 4 years in, and pregnant for the first time ever after 4th IVF. (DE this time). Precious is right! I'm 6+4 so just behind you and also symptomless. Ne'er an achy boob to be seen, and I'm not even particularly tired. However I had good HCG results (600 at 17DPO and 2503 at 20 DPO). I just took a spontaneous HPT today and it was immediately dark as anything, way way darker than the control. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything but I'm taking it as reassurance until my scan on Thursday. I've a MN friend currently at 14weeks-ish with twins, was scanned today, all is well yet she has not had a single symptom and isn't even showing at all yet.

Also, there are things I'm wondering that are quite benign but might in fact be symptoms. For example I've had a couple of weird dreams. And my spatial awareness is a bit "off", I keep missing when I go to put something in a cupboard. I am getting the odd bout of dizziness but that is a known side effect of progesterone (I'm taking suppositories and oral and I think it's the oral that's doing it. Fnar).

One last thing, apparently some meds such as steroids and maybe even the progesterone can allegedly mask the nausea. I'm on both of those. Not sure if you are?

I know it's scary, but hopefully in 7.5 months time we'll both be thankful for it smile.

Pipbin Sat 06-Dec-14 18:18:51

DH has pointed out that I've been on all kinds of hormonal nonsense for the last 2 months so the chances are I'm so damn used to it that the symptoms aren't getting a chance.
Hope all goes well with you 'muddy'.

MuddyWellyNelly Sat 06-Dec-14 18:36:49

How did you respond to the IVF drugs? For me, they put me neither up nor down, so I assume I'm one of those people who don't react strongly to hormones.

Chunderella Sat 06-Dec-14 18:44:44

What you describe as no symptoms doesn't sound unusual or concerning to me, OP. Fairly similar to my own experience- no miscarriages, healthy DC1, 30 weeks in with DC2 and all well.

The period like pains do stop around your stage, don't they? They did for me. I think I had them at about 3-6 weeks, they don't last throughout. Also, having just a bit of nausea is common for 7 weeks. I found I was a bit off my food at 6 weeks, no actual nausea as such, then it started in earnest between 7 and 8 weeks. I don't think I was more than somewhat nauseous at 7 plus 1 in either pregnancy. I did have very sore boobs but I get that to an unusual extent anyway.

Pipbin Sun 07-Dec-14 00:19:04

Muddy. The IVF drugs didn't give me any problems at all. I really didn't notice the difference.

Thanks Chunda.

I think the thing is that the few people who do have a dreadful time talk about it more because if you're not having a dreadful time there is not so much to say.

nojaffacakes Sun 07-Dec-14 13:34:03

I think you're right about that, Pipbin, But i can empathise with you. I am 12 weeks and had very slightly sore breasts until 5.5 weeks then it stopped. Then nothing. No nausea, no sickness, no dizziness, no sore boobs, no metallic taste, no nothing. I am on Progesterone pessaries.
But i have had several scans during this pregnancy (because i have a subchorionic haematoma and 3 previous mc) and baby seems to be ok.
Also with my 2 dc - i had no symptoms except slightly going off my food around week 8.
I worry a lot about not having symptoms, especially this time round, and wish i could have something to remind me there's a baby growing in there. Fingers crossed everything goes well with your scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now