Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did you start to feel regular movement?

(10 Posts)
Dolly87 Fri 05-Dec-14 21:37:57

Just wondering what other experiences have been? Im 19+5 and still haven't felt what I'd say is definitely a kick yet. I think I've felt some movement but not entirely sure and its def not regular. This is my first pregnancy and hoping that others have been the same. Feeling a little worried as everyone keeps on asking me if I'm feeling lots of kicks and I'm not confused x

Cullercoats88 Fri 05-Dec-14 22:41:34

From about 24 weeks I could feel definite kicks. Before that, around 17weeks, I felt like popping and vibrations, apparently this was baby doing back flips!! My partner couldn't feel this though, only me.
Don't expect to feel real movement just yet, some people do, others don't, and that's normal! Especially with your first, movement can happen later.
I'm now 32 weeks, baby is head down and I always feel legs/knees/feet kicking, you can even see baby move through my clothes!!

HulaHoopsInTheBath Fri 05-Dec-14 23:58:07

With my first I didn't feel movement until about 20/21 weeks, but nothing regular until weeks after that Baby is still very little smile

houghtonk76 Sat 06-Dec-14 07:58:44

Agreed Dolly, I didn't feel movements until round 20 weeks and then mostly fluttery movements; now I'm 23 weeks, our little boy moves a lot and I can feel him turn over / flip etc. My husband has been able to feel these movements (from the outside) this week too. No actual kicking, etc. yet, but the tyke is definitely making pressence felt now.

Dolly87 Sat 06-Dec-14 09:43:43

Thanks ladies, makes me feel better xx

blackwidow74 Sat 06-Dec-14 14:38:09

I'm 20+3 with #6 and only just in last few days got definite kicks n jabs that I can say is definitely baby moving smile I have anterior placenta and don't feel every move she makes but she actually woke me up at 4.30 am today ... I think she was auditioning for strictly come dancing!!

baby5ontheway Sat 06-Dec-14 16:22:13

I'm 18 + 2 with #5 and I've not felt anythng for deffinite too, I'm so impatient so I'm kind of letting my patience get the better of me as I know I won't start feeling proper kicks for a few more weeks yet :/

silverandblack Sat 06-Dec-14 16:27:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChickenMe Sat 06-Dec-14 17:59:26

Around 21 weeks. This is my first and I'm (or was lol) a 10-12. It felt like wind or bubbles. I thought it was a fart brewing but the fart never came. grin

persepolis123 Sat 06-Dec-14 18:47:11

I started feeling little kicks at 20 weeks but only became regular movements at 23-24 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now